Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT SCD

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Controlledpairs2 View Post
    In my experience, if I had my thumb on the SCD and I tried to pull the trigger, my trigger finger could not overcome the force of my thumb on the SCD. This was with my other fingers still gripping the frame during holstering. As I used them, I didn't depend on the SCD in a manner where my thumb has to feel the SCD move. Rather, if the gun and trigger were interrupted during holstering, I expected the entire gun to stop as i kept pressure on the SCD. I would know something is "off" here and something needs to be addressed, either debris removed or realize I had not removed my finger out of the trigger guard.

Adds layers of safety with no perceivable obstacles to shooting performance.

Watching on social media, this device is widely misunderstood and irrationally attacked...
    Agreed about it being attacked needlessly.

I’d draw a parallel to another technology I debated earlier this week on firearms but why provoke it.

Just an incremental improvement IMHO.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Controlledpairs2 View Post
    Watching on social media, this device is widely misunderstood and irrationally attacked...
    Seems consistent with the dynamics of social media in general.

Maybe LTT should rename the SCD the "Dangerfield".

Seems fitting on more than one level.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    The force on the SCD would have to be greater than the force on the trigger.

The SCD IMHO (more experienced folks welcome) was created to create a similar level of protection to a DA hammer thumbed down. If something comes in the trigger guard and pushes on a DA trigger, that hammer will have to travel far enough back to then release and strike the firing pin to fire. The point of the SCD is not to just shove the gun in the holster anyway, but more of make you aware something was pushing on the trigger.

Similar with an SCD because the trigger will have to travel far enough back to move and engage the SCD. Now I’m not a mechanical engineer or intimately familiar with the Glocks at that level. But the SCD when depressed blocks the trigger bar I believe from completing tensioning and then releasing the striker.

I would think in theory even if a fully tensioned striker example what would need to happen is create a plate that would block the trigger, trigger bar, or any set of components from releasing the striker regardless of being fully or partially tensioned.

I would think this is possible, but most manufacturers probably have not built their guns to have enough clearance to attach this. However, I think it could be possible, but as the Glock SCD did - it would take significant time, testing, and evaluation before releasing to us knuckle heads. That being said… it was two guys hobbies/part-time business having some market success and selling these out or having someone like Ernest who has strong relations with lots of different manufacturers may change that.

Just my $.02

Glocks made sense because it was the biggest ROI for this item IMHO. If you made a set of sights and wanted to sell them or holster - it would be hard to go wrong with first making a set that fit Glocks.
    Agree in principle with everything except the bolded section. The striker control device, as designed for a Glock, directly blocks the rearward movement of the striker itself, hence the name of the device is “striker control device”.

A similar device for a fully tensioned striker would have to directly block the trigger bar movement to the rear, but the SCD for Glocks is blocking the partially tensioned Glock striker, so the trigger bar movement is prevented by the striker not moving due to pressure on the SCD backplate.

All of my Glocks except the G44 have an SCD and always will. If someone makes one for the G44, I will buy 3.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Agree in principle with everything except the bolded section. The striker control device, as designed for a Glock, directly blocks the rearward movement of the striker itself, hence the name of the device is “striker control device”.

A similar device for a fully tensioned striker would have to directly block the trigger bar movement to the rear, but the SCD for Glocks is blocking the partially tensioned Glock striker, so the trigger bar movement is prevented by the striker not moving due to pressure on the SCD backplate.

All of my Glocks except the G44 have an SCD and always will. If someone makes one for the G44, I will buy 3.
    Ah, that makes sense.

Thanks for clarifying.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Is it possible to modify an existing SCD to fit your G44? Do you know where the incompatibility is?

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    Copying from my cell phone, because I'm a nerd that keeps track of this...

Not fully cocked (theoretically scd capable):
    Glock
    Walther PPS
    Cz p10

Fully cocked:
    M&P
    XD
    P320
    PPQ / PDP
    HK VP

?
    APX?
    Steyr M? This may have been changed from one gen to another, recent guns appear fully cocked
    Hellcat?
    XDS (not XD) is partially tensioned. Slide and striker arrangement is very similar to a Glock's.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Is it possible to modify an existing SCD to fit your G44? Do you know where the incompatibility is?
    This I do not know. Tom told me they aren’t compatible with any existing SCD, and he intended to make G44 SCDs, but I guess Soon(tm) never happened in that case before she shut down production.

This I do not know. Tom told me they aren’t compatible with any existing SCD, and he intended to make G44 SCDs, but I guess Soon(tm) never happened in that case before she shut down production.
    Depending on your motivation and Dremel skills you might be able to make it happen…

I modified one to fit an MR920.

Obviously, the fact of the matter is, the SCD makes a Glock safer, although most Glock owners have never heard of it. Add to that, the mentality of "why spend the money on that, JUST HOLSTER SLOWLY", as I heard a local trainer say.

You can lead a horse...

User Tag List