Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT SCD

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by eudy View Post
    I haven't done any more experiments to see if I can make something work. Contacted LTT and they want me to send my gun to them. Haven't decided what I'm gonna do. They did confirm sending the SCDs back was not an option.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

I can understand you not wanting to send your gun in, but I would be very curious to see if they could diagnose something.

Here is my update so far:

G26: Had lots of trigger reset issues with the SCD installed. I cleaned the gun, got some different ammo and shot 100 more rounds and the problems seemed to go away. I still need to shoot a few hundred rounds more to be sure it's going to be reliable.

G48: Had lots of trigger reset issues with the SCD installed. I will be going to the range with different ammo and a clean gun in the next few weeks.

G43: Shot 250 rounds with the SCD installed and no issues so far.

G43X: I have not tested it with the SCD yet, but it runs great without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    I have an LTT SCD on my G48.
    It has done 400rds without issue so far.

It was a very tight fit at first. The spring loaded bearing snaps in with authority when you install it now.
    I do not expect it to slide down.
    Cool, yea I had zero issues with mine with range ammo, as soon as I tossed ammo with oomph in there the plate began to slide down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    I have an LTT SCD on my G48.
    It has done 400rds without issue so far.

It was a very tight fit at first. The spring loaded bearing snaps in with authority when you install it now.
    I do not expect it to slide down.
    It's not the spring loaded bearing that retains the SCD or OEM backplate. The firing pin spacer sleeve is the issue. If the circular recess in the SCD isn't deep enough, or the groove in the slide that retains SCD is too wide, the spacer sleeve can lose contact during recoil (especially with heavy +P), and allow the SCD to slip down.

With newer SCDs (late model TauDevGroup or any Langdon), I wouldn't worry as long as the SCD fits tightly in the slide, with no wiggle.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by eudy View Post
    I haven't done any more experiments to see if I can make something work. Contacted LTT and they want me to send my gun to them. Haven't decided what I'm gonna do. They did confirm sending the SCDs back was not an option.
    How about just sending the slide to them?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

@Clusterfrack Thanks for the knowldege!
    Makes sense after you explained it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    How about just sending the slide to them?
    Should have time to mess with both guns and both SCDs this weekend. If still no joy, I'll hit them back with the slide idea. Thanks Cf.

Quote Originally Posted by pistolglock View Post
    Here is my update so far:

G26: Had lots of trigger reset issues with the SCD installed. I cleaned the gun, got some different ammo and shot 100 more rounds and the problems seemed to go away. I still need to shoot a few hundred rounds more to be sure it's going to be reliable.

G48: Had lots of trigger reset issues with the SCD installed. I will be going to the range with different ammo and a clean gun in the next few weeks.

G43: Shot 250 rounds with the SCD installed and no issues so far.

G43X: I have not tested it with the SCD yet, but it runs great without it.
    skeptical that any of these issues are related to the SCD. Would be interesting to hear what other non-OEM parts are installed in the G26 or G48 as those are far more likely culprit. The SCD plays no role in the resetting process during which time the striker spring is forcing the cruciform forward against trigger finger pressure. If the SCD were binding it would manifest as the slide coming out of battery and likely disconnection of the trigger. Other than the SCD sliding downward and out of position I can’t conceive of much way it would lead to stoppages.

Placed SCD number two in 43X number two and shot 150 trouble free rounds through it. One more successful outing and I'll call it good. Didn't have an opportunity to revisit the number ones, maybe next week.

Update - good news!

After about 400 total rounds, my G26 and G48 are no longer having trigger reset issues with the SCD installed. Not sure what the issue was, maybe break-in maybe out of spec ammo? At this point I am happy with the Glock / SCD combination so I will keep my fingers crossed that this was just a fluke.

Also, my G43X never had any issues with the SCD, so everything is working as it should be.

User Tag List