Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: LTT SCD

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    I was expecting more, given Langdon Tactical’s reputation.

Maybe I’m wrong, but feels like the marginal cost of a single SCD should be quite low. High fixed costs for R&D, machinery and such, of course. But I can’t imagine doing a full replacement would be that big a cost to them.
    I’d try sending a PM to @LangdonTactical describing the responses you’ve received when reaching out for support. My hunch is Ernest might not be happy with how your CS experience turned out.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Langdon Tactical replied: “I will get some roll pins sent out.” (That’s it.)

Not sure how easy or hard replacement will be. Didn’t imagine the pin would be a user-replaceable part.
    The roll pin is extremely easy to replace and was considered a wear part in the design of the product from the very beginning. Tom, the designer of the SCD has approved our manufacturing personally. Our SCD are build to the exact spec including using the exact same stainless roll pin that he used by part number.

There are more factors in the longevity of that roll pin than just round count, like any other part on the gun.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I was expecting more, given Langdon Tactical’s reputation.

Maybe I’m wrong, but feels like the marginal cost of a single SCD should be quite low. High fixed costs for R&D, machinery and such, of course. But I can’t imagine doing a full replacement would be that big a cost to them.
    It is actually a very expensive part to make, always has been. The back plate requires a 5 axis CNC machine and quite a bit of machine time to make. It also has to be taken out of the machine and placed in a different fixture as part of the process. Add the 17-4PH material now up graded Black Nitride finish, it is not low cost to make.

It is a low margin product that we believe is worth keeping on the market as we believe in it as a product.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Can I just get a spec for the roll pin? I'll source it myself. Had one fail awhile ago, and never got it fixed

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    The roll pin is extremely easy to replace and was considered a wear part in the design of the product from the very beginning. Tom, the designer of the SCD has approved our manufacturing personally. Our SCD are build to the exact spec including using the exact same stainless roll pin that he used by part number.

There are more factors in the longevity of that roll pin than just round count, like any other part on the gun.
    I was not aware the roll pin was a wear part. I purchased some original ones from Tau, it seems like spares might be a good idea. Can I purchase the roll pins from LTT, or can you refer me to the source of the pin?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jgf View Post
    I was not aware the roll pin was a wear part. I purchased some original ones from Tau, it seems like spares might be a good idea. Can I purchase the roll pins from LTT, or can you refer me to the source of the pin?

Thank you.
    We don't really sell them but you can get a lifetime supply for about $15 from McMasterCarr

https://www.mcmaster.com/93740A076/
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

FWIW I broke a SCD from Tau a few years ago. I mentioned it on PF, but don't recall which thread. The plate broke at the point the roll pin goes through it.

No big deal, parts wear out and break. I got another one and drove on. Most of my Glocks have a SCD, and I'm glad that @LangdonTactical picked up the design and manufactures them.

I’m just hoping that:

1) SCDs are back in stock soon;

and

2) That LTT decides to make SCDs for the G42 like Tau did.

Site Supporter
    Thanks to LTT for making the product (the only reason I’ll use Glock) and for them being responsive to inquiries.

Gen. 5 SCDs are back in stock at LTT for anyone who needs them, but there are 3 less than there were before…

User Tag List