Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT SCD

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckysattva View Post
    Backwards compatible with previous generation guns per LTT.
    @MandoWookie, Apologies, I have to eat my words here.

I read through the description too quickly on the LTT website via my cell phone earlier and the LTT site doesn't say what I thought I read initially. It says it works with all of the Gen 5 Glocks, in my haste and due to multi-tasking, I misread it to say it worked with all including Gen 5 Glocks so I'm feeling pretty foolish here.

I'll say that until I saw this today, I was in the same boat as @FreedomFries and have 2 or 3 Gen 1-4 SCDs that I've taken off of my other Glocks and have been studying on how to modify them for Gen 5s. The only real difference I can find in all the measurements is the gap in the right side cutout in the backplate - on the Gen 1-4 SCD it measures between .150-.153 in width and is radiused. The Gen 5 backplate is between .192-.194 and is a square cutout. Based off of everything I'm seeing if you use a Gen 5 SCD on a Gen 1-4 gun, you'll just have extra clearance on the right-side cutout on the Gadget between it and your connector.

If you'd rather not have the extra clearance and bought one of the Gen 5s based off of my stupid comment, I'll buy it off of you or I can part with a Gen 1-4 SCD.
    In one physical model of the universe, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction, Danny. -Ty Webb

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    IIRC Tom said the S&W SD series would be easiest as it was almost a drop in from the Glock version.

But I doubt that will be a big seller.
    That and the hellcat were the ones that jumped to mind first. I’d imagine the hellcat will come sooner rather than later since LTT already works on them.

Can’t think off the top of my head if the P320 uses a fully tensioned striker or not, but that’s a pistol I’d love to have a SCD on.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    That and the hellcat were the ones that jumped to mind first. I’d imagine the hellcat will come sooner rather than later since LTT already works on them.

Can’t think off the top of my head if the P320 uses a fully tensioned striker or not, but that’s a pistol I’d love to have a SCD on.
    The P320 does use a fully tensioned striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    So…

What striker fired pistols could have the SCD translated to them? That possibility (probably) is one of the most exciting parts of the video to me.
    Sorry about the corn flakes but It would only work on a partially or non tensioned striker (assuming this is obvious).....So in other words almost none.

Copying from my cell phone, because I'm a nerd that keeps track of this...

Not fully cocked (theoretically scd capable):
    Glock
    Walther PPS
    Cz p10

Fully cocked:
    M&P
    XD
    P320
    PPQ / PDP
    HK VP

?
    APX?
    Steyr M? This may have been changed from one gen to another, recent guns appear fully cocked
    Hellcat?

Site Supporter
    I'd be interested to know what % of SCD sales come from this forum. Pre-LTT, I'd have to guess its a pretty high number. I know I first discovered it lurking here years ago before I became a Glock shooter and it was the first thing I bought after I picked up my first G19.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I’m torn…

I had one on my 30S, which I loved. But when we switched to Glocks (sold the 30S shortly after that), I don’t know if I’d want to run personal guns with it and the duty gun without.

Just wouldn’t want to default to thumbing the slide plate when holstering the duty gun (without it) IWB or AIWB.
    Thumbing the slide, even without an SCD, at least ensures the slide stays in battery.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    Copying from my cell phone, because I'm a nerd that keeps track of this...

Not fully cocked (theoretically scd capable):
    Glock
    Walther PPS
    Cz p10

Fully cocked:
    M&P
    XD
    P320
    PPQ / PDP
    HK VP

?
    APX?
    Steyr M? This may have been changed from one gen to another, recent guns appear fully cocked
    Hellcat?
    Thanks for posting that. Where does the P365 fall on the list?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Ugh. They're all out of stock already.

I’ll just add here in case it’s helpful that in a past thread, I asked how a gun with a fully tensioned striker could use an SCD. Tom actually replied explaining that he had looked into it and it was possible. One method he mentioned (there may be others, I don’t know) was an SCD that acts on the trigger bar as it moves rearward. I also recall that he or someone else mentioned that the SCD patent covers the possibility of being made for fully tensioned striker guns.

So, Ernest, I would absolutely love a PPQ/PDP SCD, thanks.

User Tag List