Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT SCD

^^^

That’s how I’ve always interpreted the trigger bar comments - a serious SCD upside, not at all a downside.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    ^^^

That’s how I’ve always interpreted the trigger bar comments - a serious SCD upside, not at all a downside.
    Same. "It's strong enough other shit breaks before this breaks" combined with "you have to really really try to break something" was exactly how I read it.

In anything mechanical, *something* is the 'fuse'.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    If one were to holster quickly and forcefully with finger on SCD firmly, would it prevent discharge? I can't help but think this would be the default programming if you were to reholster with an adrenaline dump without even perceiving it... assuming of course you remember to SCD before holstering would it make a difference?
    I can't get the strikers to fall on any of my Glocks wearing them with even moderate pressure on them.

As far as your second point, it is all about how you train.

I had a rather unorthodox method of holstering when I carried a 1911 that I detailed here before. It was called unnatural, and too complex a fine motor movement, but I would put my thumb on the face of the hammer. It took a lot of practice to place it there and not pull on the hammer. It also pulled the meat of my hand away from the grip safety. I run 1911s "off sights/safety on". I trained to do it under stress because I have taken more than a few felons into custody and have had to speed holster to go hands on. So now I would have to forget to safe, leave my finger on the trigger, leave the grip safety depressed and have my thumb slip for my Series 70 (no FPS) type gun to make an unintentional noise at an in opportune time. I did it with two different duty holsters, and a Comp-Tac kydex IWB holster and a leather SME AIWB.

Belt and suspenders...

I recall seeing my first SCD at AFHF and TLG mentioned cutting all the barrel locks off of his jackets' waists because they always seemed to find their way into the holster, and potentially the trigger guard. I started carring a gun professionally in 1992, and for the first two years I carried .38 revolvers. I cut my teeth thumbing the hammer. When I went to a Glock, I thumbed the back of the slide out of habit, because I didn't see how it hurt having a motion that worked on both guns. I also had crappy holsters back then, and keeping the slide in battery was good. I went to DA/SA Sigs after that and thumbing the hammer told me whether my gun was decocked. When I started we shot DA and stayed SA until it was time to holster. Eventually I worked toward "off sights/decock". So the thumb told me if I forgot to decock, and then it held the hammer in the event someting in the holstering stroke moved the trigger.

When TLG explained the little flap on the back of his Glock I knew I needed several. It was the missing link. I have actually given away to friends more than I have now.

Inadvertant trigger movement is what it remedies. In MY experience, with MY guns, so far in 30 years, the inadvertant movement in a handgun has never been caused by a finger. Every one assumes the SCD is to mitigate poor trigger finger discipline. I don't particularly see it that way. Although I guess across lifetimes and populations trigger fingers are by far the most common cause of inadvertant trigger movement. It certainly did when I had my ND with a shotgun 20 or so years ago.

pat

Goodness gracious. Look what already showed up in today's mail.

Name:  20220218_162806.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  42.1 KB

Looks like he may have employed Tom Jones to get those packages out to the post office. It's like deja vu all over again.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Looks like he may have employed Tom Jones to get those packages out to the post office. It's like deja vu all over again.
    I think there was a time or two I ordered from TAU and got the shipping notification in an hour or two.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I think there was a time or two I ordered from TAU and got the shipping notification in an hour or two.
    That's longer than most.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    ^^^^^^

I live in town, and have had dinner with the man a few times. Still had to have mine shipped....Dick...😜

pat

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    That was every order I placed. You might even say it’s not unusual…
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Ordered Wednesday. Out for delivery this am.
    Slimline G43.

User Tag List