Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT SCD

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    Copying from my cell phone, because I'm a nerd that keeps track of this...

Not fully cocked (theoretically scd capable):
    Glock
    Walther PPS
    Cz p10

Fully cocked:
    M&P
    XD
    P320
    PPQ / PDP
    HK VP

?
    APX?
    Steyr M? This may have been changed from one gen to another, recent guns appear fully cocked
    Hellcat?
    I think the likelihood of a Gadget coming to fruition for any of these will probably be a combination engineering ease and actual popularity of the model pistol.

The way I see it, and LTT may be well positioned to do it, a lot of evangelizing will be required to just get Glock owners to adopt the existing Gadget--and Glocks are ubiquitous.

With the above thoughts in mind, I'd guess it'd be a long while before Gadgets come to fruition for any other pistol. If CZ P10 sales/adoption is really high, it might be the best potential next bet.

What would do real wonders for popular adoption of this sort of mechanism is for a decent-sized LE agency to allow it on their Glocks. Probably a long shot.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    If one were to holster quickly and forcefully with finger on SCD firmly, would it prevent discharge? I can't help but think this would be the default programming if you were to reholster with an adrenaline dump without even perceiving it... assuming of course you remember to SCD before holstering would it make a difference?
    From another SCD thread (they are quickly multiplying):

It stops movement very effectively, it's just a matter of proper positioning to establish good leverage.

I use the first thumb joint (all bony bony, no squishy squishy) on the bottom of the SCD, which is equivalent to thumbing the top of the hammer/hammer spur. Except the hammer is more forgiving re: finger placement and forward pressure.

Bone contact and firm forward pressure = no give.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    I think the likelihood of a Gadget coming to fruition for any of these will probably be a combination engineering ease and actual popularity of the model pistol.

The way I see it, and LTT may be well positioned to do it, a lot of evangelizing will be required to just get Glock owners to adopt the existing Gadget--and Glocks are ubiquitous.

With the above thoughts in mind, I'd guess it'd be a long while before Gadgets come to fruition for any other pistol. If CZ P10 sales/adoption is really high, it might be the best potential next bet.

What would do real wonders for popular adoption of this sort of mechanism is for a decent-sized LE agency to allow it on their Glocks. Probably a long shot.
    Given the popularity of the P320 and the fact that the patent for the SCD covers designs that work based on the trigger bar as opposed to the striker, I could see one for it or the P365 coming out sooner than the p10. That depends on the specific challenges involved with that type of SCD design though.

I've already received a shipping notification. Hot damn!

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    Given the popularity of the P320 and the fact that the patent for the SCD covers designs that work based on the trigger bar as opposed to the striker, I could see one for it or the P365 coming out sooner than the p10. That depends on the specific challenges involved with that type of SCD design though.
    I don't know about the 365, but the 320 actually works by pushing the trigger bar forward so that should make it harder to implement at the very least.

I generally agree we're not likely to see these on other guns, but just having them on glocks I'm pretty excited about.

Site Supporter
    I don't know about the 365, but the 320 actually works by pushing the trigger bar forward so that should make it harder to implement at the very least.

I generally agree we're not likely to see these on other guns, but just having them on glocks I'm pretty excited about.
    Did not know that, it certainly complicates things!

You’re right though, just having these back on the market for glock, and hopefully in greater numbers is a win.

On the subject of the P320, I feel like it would be a huge market opportunity. A similar product for those would have to be entirely different in function. Ideally it would be one that, upon applying pressure, would physically lock the sear in place and prevent movement. Just a guess, but I feel like the sear is key on that platform, considering the fully-tensioned nature of the striker. I can't currently see how that would even be possible without modification to the FCU, but one can dream.

Ordered yesterday and shipped today.

I see your point, but it's not like the scd really affects your manual of arms very much (i.e. there is no safety switch or decocker present which you need to remember to use). I was already putting my thumb on the backplate, reholstering slowly, etc. before the scd was an option. Part of the appeal is it's completely passive *until* there is a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Thumbing the slide, even without an SCD, at least ensures the slide stays in battery.
    My issue isn’t putting my thumb on the back of the slide… being I do it already.

My issue is that if there is an “oh s***” situation and something is engaging the trigger… I don’t like feeling it on one gun and not the other.

I get it isn’t an alternative to safety, but it is a noticeably different method of operation when compared to a Glock without it. Ultimately in the slide plate, it is comparing a Glock to a TDA pistol.

I went thru similar with slide mounted decockers/safeties. Started with a 96G Centurion conversion slide… but a 92FS pistol. All my PX4s were G models, and I eventually converted my 92 to G with the Beretta kit. Once that was done, I had my S&W 1006 converted to the TSW cut, and had a decocker installed. So across the board, didn’t have to worry about the safety being in the safe position. If I got another Beretta… a G model or G conversion would be in order. I want it the same across the board.

My post shouldn’t be taken as “the SCD is a gimmick…” being I had it and loved it. But until I get issued something other than a Glock… or I’m allowed to add the SCD on my duty gun… it isn’t something I want in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Nice that a class act like LTT is offering the SCD and attributing the development to TLG and Tom Jones.
    The shooting community currently has no greater friend than LTT.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List