Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: LTT SCD

SCD for Gen 1-4 now listed on LTT website

Did anyone notice that the LTT website now lists the SCD for Gen 1-4?

Are those Gen 1-4 back plates really all the same, even for all calibers?

I have a Gen3 - 30S that I am thinking about getting an SCD for, but I think I will wait for someone else to report in that it fits and works for the 30S...

Quote Originally Posted by pistolglock View Post

I have a Gen3 - 30S that I am thinking about getting an SCD for, but I think I will wait for someone else to report in that it fits and works for the 30S...
    I previously installed an original Tau SCD on a Glock 21 and it worked fine. As far as I know the only guns that have a different slide plate are the slimline guns like the G42 and G43/43X/48.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

It will work on a G30. I’ve installed them on all sorts of gen 3/4 pistols no issues. In fairness I don’t use any aftermarket trigger components, which could present some problems with an SCD.

I have the LTT SCDs on my both of my circa 1998 G30s.

All my other Glocks have the original Tau Development Group SCDs.

I cannot see or feel (in use) any difference between the two makers' parts, other than the LTT logo on the newer item.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

The Langdon SCD installed on my Gen5 Glock 19 MOS failed today about 150 rounds into a range session. The “hinge bar” appears to have broken, resulting in the exterior part falling off. The firearm continued functioning, though—I didn’t notice it for about 10 rounds, when it felt off reholstering. I then recovered the part that fell off.

I have never dropped the gun, done any force-on-force with it, etc. I’ve just fired it.

This is the first failed SCD I’ve experienced. This one has about 4000 rounds fired with it; one of my Tau SCDs has about 7000 rounds on it and is still functional.

Emailed Langdon Tactical and will see what they say.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    The Langdon SCD installed on my Gen5 Glock 19 MOS failed today about 150 rounds into a range session. The “hinge bar” appears to have broken, resulting in the exterior part falling off. The firearm continued functioning, though—I didn’t notice it for about 10 rounds, when it felt off reholstering. I then recovered the part that fell off.

I have never dropped the gun, done any force-on-force with it, etc. I’ve just fired it.

This is the first failed SCD I’ve experienced. This one has about 4000 rounds fired with it; one of my Tau SCDs has about 7000 rounds on it and is still functional.

Emailed Langdon Tactical and will see what they say.

Please let us know how this turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Please let us know how this turns out.
    Langdon Tactical replied: “I will get some roll pins sent out.” (That’s it.)

Not sure how easy or hard replacement will be. Didn’t imagine the pin would be a user-replaceable part.

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    Langdon Tactical replied: “I will get some roll pins sent out.” (That’s it.)

Not sure how easy or hard replacement will be. Didn’t imagine the pin would be a user-replaceable part.
    I don't think I'd be too pleased with that response.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Concur. One of the original selling points of the Gadget was how many rounds tens (hundreds) of thousands of rounds were fired through them by testers, and how many ECQC evolutions they were used in, with little in the way of breakage.

I’m surprised LTT weren’t interested in taking a look to see if this was the result of tolerance or manufacturing defect.

I’d be curious as to what the stats are on issues vs overall sample size. We’re probably the central spot to talk about the SCD on the Internet, but I imagine the majority of users aren’t coming in to give their testimony because it’d just be “Yep, it works fine.”
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I was expecting more, given Langdon Tactical’s reputation.

Maybe I’m wrong, but feels like the marginal cost of a single SCD should be quite low. High fixed costs for R&D, machinery and such, of course. But I can’t imagine doing a full replacement would be that big a cost to them.

User Tag List