Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT SCD

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You won't know until you blow your pecker off.

(Me? I'll continue to use my original versions until or unless I need to replace them with the LTTs. YMMV.)
    If the above happens to someone, please let everyone know so learning can occur and product improvements can be made.

When I get back from Mexico my LTT SCDs should be waiting for me. Maybe I can put them on a 10/22 because I don’t have any Glocks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You won't know until you blow your pecker off.

(Me? I'll continue to use my original versions until or unless I need to replace them with the LTTs. YMMV.)
    Right? Who here posts about something prevented and everyone cites it?

I listened to a Pat Macnamara video on range safety (his YouTube channel has dozens and hundreds of shorts now - so… I’m not digging through that) - he cited an instance where a guys backpack when he was holstering a gun got caught in the trigger guard while taking the backpack off and holstering - IIRC. And it shot a round through his holster.

So that would’ve been prevented by this. Others I’ve heard of zipper tabs and other things getting stuck in the trigger guard.

It’s a passive safety for holstering a gun. How many prevented ND’s have you found published with any safety would be my question back.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    These look pretty neat and I get the concept, but in practice has anyone actually prevented a ND because of one of these things?
    If used, they greatly reduce the chance. I don’t find them as positive as a hammer at stopping trigger movement, but they are close enough. The SCD takes the Glock from a non option for me, to a viable option. It’s something that should be on every Glock in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    If used, they greatly reduce the chance. I don’t find them as positive as a hammer at stopping trigger movement, but they are close enough. The SCD takes the Glock from a non option for me, to a viable option. It’s something that should be on every Glock in my opinion.
    SCD is for the simple fact that shit happens. I think it’s a necessity on a striker pistol. I’ve had a freak incident in the winter where my outer layer had gotten caught in the triggerguard of a p10c. Luckily I pay attention on stowing the pistol so I saw it. But if it were dark I could not have identified that. If there was a SCD on her I would have felt the feedback on the trigger same as my tda guns. I’m happy they are being brought back into production and would appreciate options for other strikers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    SCD is for the simple fact that shit happens. I think it’s a necessity on a striker pistol. I’ve had a freak incident in the winter where my outer layer had gotten caught in the triggerguard of a p10c. Luckily I pay attention on stowing the pistol so I saw it. But if it were dark I could not have identified that. If there was a SCD on her I would have felt the feedback on the trigger same as my tda guns. I’m happy they are being brought back into production and would appreciate options for other strikers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say what you will about the XD, but over a decade ago that crappy grip safety likely saved me from an ND. Stupid, but lesson learned.

Things happen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    These look pretty neat and I get the concept, but in practice has anyone actually prevented a ND because of one of these things?
    Difficult to prove a negative.

I don’t carry a Glock without an SCD.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Difficult to prove a negative.

I don’t carry a Glock without an SCD.

Imagine if the YouTube cool guys, not the actual ones but the ones with tons of views, adopted and promoted these. It would be a good thing for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Imagine if the YouTube cool guys, not the actual ones but the ones with tons of views, adopted and promoted these. It would be a good thing for everyone.

What, you don't like the Tex Grubber song?

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    What, you don't like the Tex Grubber song?
    In fairness to Glock, Tex had a 1911.

So... I have an original (from my Gen. 4) Tau SCD and I just got a g19.5.

LTT is out of stock (Signed up for alert)

I remember seeing some notes on fitting the OG SCD onto a Gen. 5 gun early on...

Spent 10 minutes doing PF searches and sifting through the 5 or so main SCD related threads, but didn't find the info.

Any chance someone could get me up to speed from their experience or link me to the correct thread / post? (I promise I have searched and look ! )

Trying to put this Orig. SCD on my g19.5 until LTT SCD for Gen. 5 comes in stock... thanks!

Josh

User Tag List