Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT SCD

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Sorry about the corn flakes but It would only work on a partially or non tensioned striker (assuming this is obvious).....So in other words almost none.
    No worries, I know this design would be a no go on fully tensioned strikers, I just don’t know which pistols that encompasses. Looks like a pretty good list was put together though.

If one were to holster quickly and forcefully with finger on SCD firmly, would it prevent discharge? I can't help but think this would be the default programming if you were to reholster with an adrenaline dump without even perceiving it... assuming of course you remember to SCD before holstering would it make a difference?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    If one were to holster quickly and forcefully with finger on SCD firmly, would it prevent discharge? I can't help but think this would be the default programming if you were to reholster with an adrenaline dump without even perceiving it... assuming of course you remember to SCD before holstering would it make a difference?
    If you're reaching for something across the table and your hand touches a glass full of water, are you able to stop your action in time to prevent the glass from tipping over?

IMO (FWIW) the SCD, similar to your hand moving across the table, requires the user to pay some attention to it while in use. Training and repetition builds awareness. But, just like swinging a hand across the table, jamming your gat in your pants and forgetting to pay attention to your thumb... is possible.

If your thumb is "firmly" on the SCD, you should have time to stop yourself from a UD. But, human.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter

For me it did not work as well as a hammer on a TDA gun does. My solution was to use it in combination with NY1 triggers, which made it more positive and more hammer like. Still not as good, but close.

LTT just needs to do a Glock manual safety and all will be right with the world.

All that said, I believe the SCD is a crucial add on to a Glock and if I ran an organization that issued Glocks, they would be mandatory on every gun carried on duty.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    Copying from my cell phone, because I'm a nerd that keeps track of this...

Not fully cocked (theoretically scd capable):
    Glock
    Walther PPS
    Cz p10

Fully cocked:
    M&P
    XD
    P320
    PPQ / PDP
    HK VP

?
    APX?
    Steyr M? This may have been changed from one gen to another, recent guns appear fully cocked
    Hellcat?
    Maybe a SCD would give a significant increase in leverage to control the PPS striker. However, when pulling the PPS trigger, the striker extends from the slide backplate. To me, it seems like the gun already has the functionality of the SCD.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeBee View Post
    Maybe a SCD would give a significant increase in leverage to control the PPS striker. However, when pulling the PPS trigger, the striker extends from the slide backplate. To me, it seems like the gun already has the functionality of the SCD.
    The loaded chamber indicator on the PPS can function as a SCD if you hammer your thumb into it but you lose the functionality with gloves.

Site Supporter
    The force on the SCD would have to be greater than the force on the trigger.

The SCD IMHO (more experienced folks welcome) was created to create a similar level of protection to a DA hammer thumbed down. If something comes in the trigger guard and pushes on a DA trigger, that hammer will have to travel far enough back to then release and strike the firing pin to fire. The point of the SCD is not to just shove the gun in the holster anyway, but more of make you aware something was pushing on the trigger.

Similar with an SCD because the trigger will have to travel far enough back to move and engage the SCD. Now I’m not a mechanical engineer or intimately familiar with the Glocks at that level. But the SCD when depressed blocks the trigger bar I believe from completing tensioning and then releasing the striker.

I would think in theory even if a fully tensioned striker example what would need to happen is create a plate that would block the trigger, trigger bar, or any set of components from releasing the striker regardless of being fully or partially tensioned.

I would think this is possible, but most manufacturers probably have not built their guns to have enough clearance to attach this. However, I think it could be possible, but as the Glock SCD did - it would take significant time, testing, and evaluation before releasing to us knuckle heads. That being said… it was two guys hobbies/part-time business having some market success and selling these out or having someone like Ernest who has strong relations with lots of different manufacturers may change that.

Just my $.02

Glocks made sense because it was the biggest ROI for this item IMHO. If you made a set of sights and wanted to sell them or holster - it would be hard to go wrong with first making a set that fit Glocks.
    Last edited by BWT; 02-16-2022 at 09:28 AM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I sold all my SCD’s. There is nothing wrong with them, but of course ts you still have to remember to use it 100% everytime. You can train until the cows come home, but if you can’t remember to keep your finger out of the trigger guard and off the trigger, or remember to engage or disengage a manual safety on a pistol *everytime*, I am sure the same thing could and has happened using the SCD.

Now where would your thumb be?
    If your finger was on the SCD and not the trigger, and you didn't catch on something with the trigger, and keep pushing, ignoring the SCD warning you, then yes.

In my experience, if I had my thumb on the SCD and I tried to pull the trigger, my trigger finger could not overcome the force of my thumb on the SCD. This was with my other fingers still gripping the frame during holstering. As I used them, I didn't depend on the SCD in a manner where my thumb has to feel the SCD move. Rather, if the gun and trigger were interrupted during holstering, I expected the entire gun to stop as i kept pressure on the SCD. I would know something is "off" here and something needs to be addressed, either debris removed or realize I had not removed my finger out of the trigger guard.

Adds layers of safety with no perceivable obstacles to shooting performance.

Watching on social media, this device is widely misunderstood and irrationally attacked...

User Tag List