Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to rethink how I carry, moving to the surface of the Sun

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    So basically the same thing. All summer here is 98, 95, 99, 92, 101... Humidity is up there too. I drive a large dark color suv so Im well aware of the sun in the summer. Unless you have a car without AC it should keep up just fine. Also, I'm guessing he's not going to be living in the car I don't think they make cars with specific ACs just for that region. Besides that wasn't the point.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Having spent all day in the car for work, car AC doesn't keep up fine in the summer.

It's going to be in the 90s here tomorrow... in February...

Site Supporter
    Those damn amoeba lived also in Oregon hot springs. There was a type that would just eat your eyeball. Others went for your brain, up your optic nerve. Some would get under your contact lens and live there. Turned me away from contacts.

That's beside the nose variety. We saw a guy who had them eat one eye out! OMG!

They also took out folks who used those allergy tea pots and didn't use sterilized water. They just poured the damn things into your brain.

Good points about bugs - I used insect repellent when out in the boonies. Scorpions, much fun. We used to get them in the house for a bit till new construction died down. One walked across the kitchen floor with babies on its back. Wife killed it. One was walking up the walk. What to do? So I palm struck it. It fell on the floor and then was stomped. Once I was taking the winter freeze covers off the hoses and look inside one, there's a big old cold scorpion that slept through me taking off the cover.

Tarantulas crawled up the side of the house - ignored them.

Best tarantula story. My friend was 16 and live on the border of the desert in a nice house. Her parents go out. She opens the door and in walks a big tarantula across their very expensive patterned hardwood floors. Step on it? Get a broom?

NO - get the pump 12 gauge and open up. Parents was miffed at the patterned floor.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Having spent all day in the car for work, car AC doesn't keep up fine in the summer.

9 yesterday, 25 today. So I live for extremes.

Great information, everyone!

@equin - Temple area

@HCM - only mid 70s here in Austin today and tomorrow. It was 32 this morning.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Hawaiian shirt. Then everyone will know you're packing heat. It's like OC but different.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Aren't Hawaiian shirts essentially the new Photographer Vest? Asking for a friend.

Site Supporter
    Plenty of floppy shirts that aren't explicitly Hawaiian. Also, has anyone ever really gotten into some concealed carry related trouble because of a floppy shirt, t carry. I see that all the time here when it is warmer and I don't think it is carrry types. Just like black vests, in the fall and spring - puffy vests are all over the place and I don't think they are carrying.

I got by fine with carrying in jeans and t-shirt when I lived in Houston. I only had to change my wardrobe after moving to AZ, toward hiking/climbing specific clothing, which would stick out more in a place like TX.

As for AC keeping up, I suspect that's heavily dependent on the vehicle itself, too, and how well its AC system is designed/functions. I've personally never had any issues in POVs, and only issues on the fire apparatus when the AC system was acting up (including in full bunker gear).

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Ok whatever

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    With my impending move from NH to TX, I’m going from a place where a cover garment can be worn year round to the furnaces of hell.
    You're also going to one of the more gun-friendly parts of the world. Printing is never good but it may be less of an issue than in New England.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List