Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to rethink how I carry, moving to the surface of the Sun

Site Supporter
    G26, moisture wicking tee and Magellan fishing shirts was uniform of the day for me. Gun in an OWB and a OWB mag pouch on the other side.

Also, light weight LLBean cargo pants and shorts.

Enjoy the inferno and hydrate.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Appendix?

It's been interesting how AIWB gear has evolved. And body proportions factor in greatly. I've always struggled with IWB anywhere from 2 to 6 o'clock. Crossdraw works better for me. But I can AIWB a G19 with light and dot under a loose fitting t-shirt easily. A bit of middle age belly is actually good for concealment. Hot weather friendly.
    AIWB is out for me, as is IWB most of the time - I have a big assed surgical scar that runs hip to hip and gets irritated at the drop of a hat. Summers are especially bad. These days OWB is what saves me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    G26, moisture wicking tee and Magellan fishing shirts was uniform of the day for me. Gun in an OWB and a OWB mag pouch on the other side.

Also, light weight LLBean cargo pants and shorts.

Enjoy the inferno and hydrate.
    G26 IWB under micro fiber fishing shirt, no T shirt for a hot weather parade today.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

95° here, very dry with no rain in sight.

My basic AL summer carry.

Name:  0B2C4BFA-2E6C-4837-B4A7-5E79851DB24B.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  59.5 KB

Plus the iPhone. Wrangler cargo shorts, UA tee shirt, flip flops. Been to Lowes, HD, and Publix. Yard work and grilling I ditched the 9mm 365 and kept the .380 version to lighten things up.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Now that I’ve been here for a week, it’s time to move from a G42 in my jeans pocket to something more serious. I picked up some of the Hanes performance t shirts mentioned early in the thread, and I have my lightweight button up shirts I’ve used unbuttoned for years plus some fishing type shirts from Academy for cover on top of that. I’ll probably start with a G26 or P365. If I can make it work now with the 100° temps we’ve been having, I can always make it work.
    G 26 in a "custom" built cargo pocket holster in Duluth Flex shorts when you have to be outside (works at the golf course too ) The Duluth flex shorts with there outer pocket and flap setup camouflage really well. Welcome to Texas!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    G 26 in a "custom" built cargo pocket holster in Duluth Flex shorts when you have to be outside (works at the golf course too ) The Duluth flex shorts with there outer pocket and flap setup camouflage really well. Welcome to Texas!
    I have both Duluth Flex shorts and pants, I think I need to get in the habit of wearing them more than my usual jeans. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    I tired Duluth pants a long time ago and they did not fit well. The only way I could try them out was to order them, and I purchased a size similar to what I wore at the time.

They have instructions for measuring, so I will give them another try, but how do you find the fit of Duluth clothing vs clothing from other brands?

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Are you going to be outside all day or moving into a 17th century house? I wear jeans, tank top undershirt and a t-shirt in the summer heat, humidity, and all! Because there's never prolonged period of time when I'm in the outdoor heat. Home = AC. Car = AC. Any store = AC. Really the only place there isn't an AC is the 30 second walk from building to the car. Unless I'm mowing the lawn or taking my dog for an extended walk in the mid day humidity I don't think I ever break a sweat and the summers here are 90+ with high humidity most of the time

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Had a very similar experience to 4RNR’s when I lived out in LV for 4 yrs. It would get up to 120 in the summers. 95% of my normal day was in AC, and when I was at matches, hiking or otherwise not in AC I would carry AIWB with no undershirt and a T shirt or Polo.

I’d recommend sticking with what you are used to now (maybe go to a full sweat guard if you need / feel like it) and ensuring that your pistol stays in good shape (my rear sight had a tendency to rust).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A57460
    CTC lasers : Pistols = ABS : automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I tired Duluth pants a long time ago and they did not fit well. The only way I could try them out was to order them, and I purchased a size similar to what I wore at the time.

They have instructions for measuring, so I will give them another try, but how do you find the fit of Duluth clothing vs clothing from other brands?
    I’ve found DT tends to run large (I prefer to think accurate lol) but I’ve always bought in store, at least for the first purchase of an item.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

Can you be more specific about how they did not fit well? The last pair of Duluth pants I purchased was probably six to eight years ago but I ordered the same size I wear in several other brands and they fit fine.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List