Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Need to rethink how I carry, moving to the surface of the Sun

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Next stop.... Jeggings.
    Ewwww.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    In TX, I found the LL Bean tropic weight cargo pants comfortable to wear. They had some with old fat guy waists . It was funny, at TX matches, most people wore long pants even in the heat. In NYS, I wore such and the gamers asked why I didn't wear shorts. Like we don't have tics and I learned to cover up for the sun. Also wore long sleeve moisture wicking shirts - same reason, as a sun shield for the inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    It’s 2022 anyone buying anything other than formal wear without some stretch in it is wrong.
    Ewe, stretchy pants are for fatties

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I understand your reluctance, but let a skinny dude at 5’11” and a buck sixty five preach the gospel.

For the past couple of years I’ve been wearing the Wrangler Outdoor style “tech pants” they sell at Target for $25 a pair at work. For doing manual labor in the hot humid south they’ve been a game changer compared to the carharts or cotton blend fatigue pants I used to wear. When your working on the ground and constantly squatting getting back up or occasionally climbing trees and shit that little bit of give in the fabric makes a comfort difference at the end of the day. Also, the breathability/ and 70% faster drying time versus cotton clothing in a subtropical climate mean far better cooling and less chaffing if you’re putting in miles walking around.

Also, blue jeans with a bit of stretch make motorcycle rides just a bit more comfortable as well with some stretch in the knees, crotch and waist. And with the right color and cut I’ve never had a woman say they look bad, and I’ve asked a few who wouldn’t bullshit me if they thought I looked like a hobo.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Hey now.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve traditionally worn heavyweight 100% cotton jeans, so this is a big change for me. Lightweight and stretchy.
    https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-d...ns-pants-jeans

Just a little bit of give to them. Get on their email list and grab them when sales come up.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-d...ns-pants-jeans

Just a little bit of give to them. Get on their email list and grab them when sales come up.
    I’m a long time DT customer, and I swear a day never goes by where they don’t send a deal email. I’ll try a pair of those on next time I’m down in Round Rock. Thanks!
    Ken

Site Supporter
    I've liked the DT pants for incipient SUMO types like me. However, the ones I wear are for more NY state chiller times than TX.

I wear DT Foreman pants frequently (like every day). I can't believe how many flashlights I can comfortably carry in those pants!
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

User Tag List