Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning the rifle soft case

Site Supporter

Cleaning the rifle soft case

I have two RangeMaxx MSR Gun Cases. They've gotten pretty dusty and just using a wisk broom or a hand vacuum hasn't really gotten off the dust. Anybody run them through a washer and dryer? Cold and gentle? Suggestions.

Since I haven't shot the guns in a bit, weather, covid, long arm matches not till spring - they got funky.

Site Supporter
    1. Fabreeze them a few times and see what you have re smells.

2. Machine washing is likely to damage that foam in the bag ergo I would soak and hand wash as per Tom Bihn (Made in the USA bag maker)

https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/c...et%20it%20soak.

Let us know what you do and how it works.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I have two RangeMaxx MSR Gun Cases. They've gotten pretty dusty and just using a wisk broom or a hand vacuum hasn't really gotten off the dust. Anybody run them through a washer and dryer? Cold and gentle? Suggestions. Since I haven't shot the guns in a bit, weather, covid, long arm matches not till spring - they got funky.
    Garden hose, brush, and hang in the sunlight.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Well, the hoses are shut off and it's 9 degrees and pretty cloudy. So I think I'll run one under the shower with Dawn and hang it on a rack. We have two bathrooms, so that would work. Probably take awhile to dry. I'll just wash down the outside.

Thanks for the hints!

A carpet steam cleaner with the upholstery attachment.

Or a spray bottle of hot water to moisten (not soak) the fabric and and a wet/dry vacuum.

Site Supporter
    Got all that stuff! Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Well, the hoses are shut off and it's 9 degrees and pretty cloudy. So I think I'll run one under the shower with Dawn and hang it on a rack. We have two bathrooms, so that would work. Probably take awhile to dry. I'll just wash down the outside.

Thanks for the hints!
    My only concern with Dawn is that it may strip whatever coating the fabric may have on it. Kinda like washing a car with it will strip any wax, etc. Again, just voicing a thought.

The water and brush method is how we cleaned our nylon gear after we got out of the field in the Marines.

Woolite and a soft brush, then after dry Scotchgard or Silicone spray them?

Site Supporter
    If they are “really dirty” cordura nylon you could try the high pressure car wash or the large washer at a laundry mat. Probably overkill

Site Supporter
    Am I supposed to carry them through the car wash? That might smart a bit. Sorry!

User Tag List