Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato C Impressions

First range trip with the C today. Didn’t have much time so only shot 100rds of Federal 115gr. and forgot my targets. This is my Holosun 507k zero target which is black dots on a sheet of copy paper. First 5rds. fired at five yds. Four clicks right to windage and shot the second 5rd. mag at 15 yds. This thing feels small but shoots like it’s bigger siblings. Name:  BEB5A3AA-7A92-4B43-92D4-544A537275F3.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  67.9 KB

This thread makes me want to cash in all my other pistols and go all in on a C. I told myself I would never go back to a 1911. I guess I wouldn't really be going back on my word...2011/Staccato.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    This thread makes me want to cash in all my other pistols and go all in on a C. I told myself I would never go back to a 1911. I guess I wouldn't really be going back on my word...2011/Staccato.
    Resistance is futile...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I really would wish people would stop posting in this thread. My rational mind tells me there is no good argument for the staccato C, and a 365X or Glock 19 is better in almost every way. However, I find myself continuing to come back to this thread and trying to find a reason to justify one.

I just took Hilton Yam's Pistol Performance course this past weekend where I ran my RMR'd Staccato P for the first time in a class.

Hell of an experience but left the class ready to start carrying Glocks again. Figured i'd carry one of my G45s and get a G48 MOS for super light carry.

This thread makes me wonder if getting a Staccato C with RMR isnt the better way to go?

I know, I know... "Get both"...

"C" what I did there?

Damn...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DGI View Post
    I just took Hilton Yam's Pistol Performance course this past weekend where I ran my RMR'd Staccato P for the first time in a class.

Hell of an experience but left the class ready to start carrying Glocks again. Figured i'd carry one of my G45s and get a G48 MOS for super light carry.

This thread makes me wonder if getting a Staccato C with RMR isnt the better way to go?

I know, I know... "Get both"...

"C" what I did there?

Damn...
    Would you mind you elaborating on that here or in one of the staccato threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Would you mind you elaborating on that here or in one of the staccato threads?
    Some background on me, my favorite platform is the single stack 1911 in 45acp. Ive taken armorer's courses on it and continue to work up my skills on running and maintaining the pistols. Fast forward to last weekend's class and how well my Staccato ran, the logical human would assume that a compact Staccato would be my ideal carry.

I converted to carrying DA/SA (Most recently a P30 LEM by GreyGuns) but mostly because of fear of a catastrophic failure that would hurt, not from mishandling on my part.

Talking with Hilton about my issue with carrying Glocks, I felt confident re-instating my G19 and G45 guns back into my carry rotation.

My issue with my G19 is that I have relatively large hands and the slide bites the web of my thumb pretty aggressively during recoil. No such issue on my G45 pistols.

Figured for a carry gun, not a big issue, lets get a G45 MOS and call it a day... but given my skillset/comfort level with single action pistols, this thread has given me hope and interest in pursuing a C with RMR.

Sorry for the long winded response and I hope this doesnt derail the thread.

Site Supporter
    @DGI thanks for the response. Your previous post made it sound like you might have been unhappy with the performance of the Staccato P.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    @DGI thanks for the response. Your previous post made it sound like you might have been unhappy with the performance of the Staccato P.
    Absolutely not.

This is my 4th or 5th 2011. All previous incarnations were STI branded pistols (Edges mostly) with the finicky, hand tuned magazines that left alot to be desired. All those pistols were sold off a while back.

I was running Gen3 Staccato magazines in my Staccato P all weekend and didnt have any malfunctions. The new magazines have solved any concerns i had about reliability so far and after at least 900 rounds over the course of the weekend and another couple hundred training up to the weekend, I feel confident in the pistol and platform finally.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DGI View Post
    I was running Gen3 Staccato magazines in my Staccato P all weekend and didnt have any malfunctions. The new magazines have solved any concerns i had about reliability so far and after at least 900 rounds over the course of the weekend and another couple hundred training up to the weekend, I feel confident in the pistol and platform finally.
    Then why not start carrying a Staccato?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Then why not start carrying a Staccato?
    Im considering it. Have a couple holsters on order. Im a big guy, carrying the P wouldnt be much more work compared to a C2. Id have to find a C DPO to make the real difference in comfort. But given my size, i want to handle a C before committing to purchase.

User Tag List