Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato C Impressions

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Speaking of installing flat triggers and not messing with the grip assembly, I’m assuming that the C uses standard 1911 triggers and also that it’s possible to completely detail strip it short of taking the grip assembly off? I’m a little curious about how that Swenson right side safety comes off without removing the grips - I assume it has to rotate upward to get out of that track the leg travels in?

I have one gun with a Swenson and I’ve always removed the grip panel to get it off, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an easier/different way I’m not aware of.
    In Hilton Yam’s armorer course each participant took their pistols all the way down. I stopped at the grip module. Other than the grip module, everything inside is 1911. Wiggle left side off and rotate right side up and off. I’m using a 10-8 flat and a Nighthawk flat.

Great write up. I chose the C over the P for pretty much the same reasons.
    However, I use the Staccato mags it came with, and Wilson black 9 and 10 round ETM's, usually a 9 round in the gun and 1 or 2 spare 10 round mags.
    I have had zero issues with mags feeding from start to finish, and all mags fall free.

Are you thinking mag or gun issue with yours?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Holosun 509 or 508?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Holosun 509 or 508?
    Just going to ask that same question.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Great write up. I chose the C over the P for pretty much the same reasons.
    However, I use the Staccato mags it came with, and Wilson black 9 and 10 round ETM's, usually a 9 round in the gun and 1 or 2 spare 10 round mags.
    I have had zero issues with mags feeding from start to finish, and all mags fall free.

Are you thinking mag or gun issue with yours?
    Could be gun causing drop free issue. But since it's only with black coated magazines, it's an easy work around. The feed problem is strictly magazine related.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Holosun 509 or 508?

HS507K X2 with green reticle.

Site Supporter
    Great review. Thanks. I held one once. Felt great. Trigger reach was superb.

So does anything direct mount or are plates necessary for everything?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    So does anything direct mount or are plates necessary for everything?
    Sorry to quote myself but I got the answer from staccato. Only the DPP platform will be a direct mount everything else will need a plate.

Does anyone make an OWB holster specifically for the Staccato C?

All I have been able to find are holsters made for other pistols that "might fit".

User Tag List