Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Staccato C Impressions

Can’t wait to check one out in person. I had a Bul SAS UL that was awesome, can’t believe I sold it in a weak moment! It was so light, handy, with great ergos AND shootability. The CS should be a winner. Can’t wait till the Vids start popping up.

I'll definitely finger bang one when they hit the streets, just to see what the 9mm sized grip feels like (vice the C2). BUT - with the caveat that I'm NOT a marketing guy, I still don't see the logic in this move. This looks like it competes directly with their own C2 - a "concealed carry" double stack 9mm 1911. I would have kept the C for those of us who like a traditional single-stack "feel," and floated this as the smaller version of the C2. Then drop whichever of the those two didn't catch on.

Having said all that, I have 0 knowledge of Staccato's business model or sales history, maybe the C just didn't move at all, hence them dropping it.

Site Supporter
    Sometimes short barreled pistols rotate forward when carried AIWB. Holster makers compensate for the rotation by making longer holsters. Next thing you know, you're carrying a 3.5" in a 4" holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideeho View Post
    Sometimes short barreled pistols rotate forward when carried AIWB. Holster makers compensate for the rotation by making longer holsters. Next thing you know, you're carrying a 3.5" in a 4" holster.
    Or a 4” in a 5” holster.

I’d agree that I see no real benefit to going down to 3.5” but that’s probably me being grumpy about a release that isn’t what I’d want when I don’t have the means to buy a new 1911 variant anyway.

So i went round and round... I was super excited when I tried the CS and I still think it’s cool but I’m not a short barrel fan... I’m a slim fan. So I looked into a Springfield EMP4, which I’d have milled, then some other options...

... and ended up buying a Staccato C. I won’t have it in hand for a couple weeks but already have the EPS Carry for it.

I’m hoping for a comped CS with the same overall length as a C/C2.

SoCal ya sound like a SWAT TL/FI bud, he started w/ a P, just added a C but that comped CS got my attn though a C’s calling me also but I want to see what Vulcan has out in Dec.

User Tag List