Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato C Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by DGI View Post
    Im considering it. Have a couple holsters on order. Im a big guy, carrying the P wouldnt be much more work compared to a C2. Id have to find a C DPO to make the real difference in comfort. But given my size, i want to handle a C before committing to purchase.
    I've had or shot all three. The P is a great "range" gun. The C is a great "carry" gun if you can get past the lack of capacity and manual of arms. The C2 is pointless - it's only marginally smaller than the P (so it doesn't conceal well - think a G45 sized pistol), doesn't shoot as well as the P, doesn't carry as "flat" as the C.

At this point, I only own a C (my second, sold the first to fund God only knows what, then bought another). Had a C2, shot it, yawned, and sold it. I'd have a P DPO right now if my S2 OR hadn't come in - I doubt, seriously, that the P will do anything for me that the S2 doesn't, at nearly twice the price of the CZ...

Looks like Staccato is offering to convert a C to use full length grips and 10 round magazines.

Staccato C Full Size Dark Side Precision Grip Swap Service
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Looks like Staccato is offering to convert a C to use full length grips and 10 round magazines.

Oh come ON.

I was literally just thinking about the fact that the only real downside I would face (besides cost of the gun) by adding a C for a lightweight and optic-capable carry gun would be having to stock up and inventory a third 1911 mag type (already having 9mm and .45 full size). With this, only issue would be a different holster, which with JMCK around isn’t a real issue.

Good thing I’m poor.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

This looks really really cool. Honestly not that much more expensive compared to good steel frame commanders, and it has an optics cut already.

Site Supporter
    Now they need to design a good user-changeable single stack conversion for their double stack guns.

That existed long ago! I havent seen one in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Now they need to design a good user-changeable single stack conversion for their double stack guns.
    As shane45 indicates there was a singlestack grip during the AWB now there is a metal single stack grip from cw accessories
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

I had a chance to briefly handle a Staccato C today. I can see one of these in my future.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I'm definitely going to update my C to the full-length grip provided I have the most recent grip texture which denotes a change Staccato made to the grip polymer formulation. I don't have much problem with Tripp's 9 and 10 round officer mags, but I'd like to make the C as close the my full-size 1911's as possible.

I'm starting to introduce the Staccato to Steel Challenge and the occasional IDPA match and have found I need to alter my draw a bit versus a full-size. The Staccato grip is skinnier and I've got to get my support hand in good contact with the grip before I close my strong hand palm on the gun. When I get the re-gripped gun back from Staccato I'm going to try a bit more build-up with two layers of grip tape.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    I'm definitely going to update my C to the full-length grip provided I have the most recent grip texture which denotes a change Staccato made to the grip polymer formulation. I don't have much problem with Tripp's 9 and 10 round officer mags, but I'd like to make the C as close the my full-size 1911's as possible.

I'm starting to introduce the Staccato to Steel Challenge and the occasional IDPA match and have found I need to alter my draw a bit versus a full-size. The Staccato grip is skinnier and I've got to get my support hand in good contact with the grip before I close my strong hand palm on the gun. When I get the re-gripped gun back from Staccato I'm going to try a bit more build-up with two layers of grip tape.
    Quoting myself as it were. My C is not eligible for the grip exchange program and this swap-out is only available for a limited time. I still love the C for concealed carry but during today's range session I realized no way I could use the C for a 500 round training session. I have pretty large hands and the lack of support for the lower part of my strong hand palm really decreases the integrity of my grip, the rounding on the heel of the grip definitely a contributor. I'm going to handle a C2 tomorrow with some concerns about the size of the double-stack grip compared to my beloved single stack 1911s. I might consider buying a new configuration C provided I can be guaranteed being able to swap out the grip module, the that deal would be more expensive than a C2. Sigh.

User Tag List