Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato C Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Hideeho View Post
    I bought one of my Cs from Guns Plus in Georgetown. They had inventory. I'm in Austin. PM me if interested, we might find a time/location you could see a C. I'm early morning at Austin Rifle Club or the Range at Austin.
    Thank you for the kind offer - I’m not sure what Texas laws are (if any) for nonresidents shooting at public ranges. Kelly is down off Slaughter between I-35 and the MoPac, I think I’ve seen Range at Austin on the I-35 frontage road. When I come back in four weeks I’ll check out Guns Plus, too. (I’m at AUS waiting for a flight back to NH.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m almost 100% OWB, so I’m thinking the texture wouldn't be an issue for me. (Especially if @Tony Mayer does his magnificent OWB2 for the Staccato C, hint hint.) (Edit - I just reread your comment, I can see where clothes grabbing might be an issue, I was thinking skin abrasion.)

Something direct mount like the upcoming Holosun SCS would be ideal.

I sent Staccato an email to see if they had any suggested stores in the Austin area where I could see a C. I’ve been watching stores for ages with no luck, most haven’t even heard of the gun. I really like the almost-a-CCO proportions of the C.
    We can trim the P down to C2 length, just let me know in the comments. no biggie!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Site Supporter
    Thank you for the kind offer - I’m not sure what Texas laws are (if any) for nonresidents shooting at public ranges. Kelly is down off Slaughter between I-35 and the MoPac, I think I’ve seen Range at Austin on the I-35 frontage road. When I come back in four weeks I’ll check out Guns Plus, too. (I’m at AUS waiting for a flight back to NH.)
    Texas is a free state.

You don’t need a FOID card, or permission from a commissar though there are those in Austin who wish you did.

Leave the IL/NY/NJ/MA Slave mentality behind.

You forgot CA and HI and DC

I really didn’t need to find this thread.

What are the current gold standard optic options for a Staccato C? Do any other than the Holosun 509 allow close to “normal” height sights? I’m a fan of the RMRcc but that plate is awfully thick. @rdtompki , you’re running a RDS on a Staccato C too, right?

Gorgeous guns, @Hideeho .
    I'm running the RMR CHPWS plate which includes an integral rear sight and requires a taller front sight (not installed yet). I've mounted an RMR but am looking at switching to a Holosun 407CO; the rounded lens hood will eliminate any printing when I'm carrying AIWB. I'm just starting to get more range time but I'm finding little, if any, change in my press-out required versus my iron sight 1911s.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    You forgot CA and HI and DC
    I’m still actively trying to forget seven years in California.

Sad that a NY State pistol license requirements are more intrusive than the NFA.

Ooof. Maybe the only state worse than NY. But idk. We’re pretty bad. Their handgun list might take the cake.

walked into the LGS today to look at G43X’s and I got bit. Figured since I have been carrying my P’s for a few years it made sense.
    Name:  1D36DAC0-B985-4017-9169-1FDE461E865D.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  75.4 KB

Hmm so is there a real material difference between a Staccato C and an Officer's sized 1911 with a 4" barrel (or a CCO; Officer's frame, Commander-length barrel) ?

I realize nearly all Officer-sized guns have a 3.5" barrel so pushing that out to 3.9/4" is a nice feature by itself, but...the rest of it seems like a normal 1911, albeit with a different grip setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Hmm so is there a real material difference between a Staccato C and an Officer's sized 1911 with a 4" barrel (or a CCO; Officer's frame, Commander-length barrel) ?

I realize nearly all Officer-sized guns have a 3.5" barrel so pushing that out to 3.9/4" is a nice feature by itself, but...the rest of it seems like a normal 1911, albeit with a different grip setup?
    The C has a 4" bull barrel, opposed to the Officer's bushing-barrel fitment.

I've owned Officer's sized 9mms (and 45s) in the past, and I think the C is a much better product. Officers in 45 tend to be very hit or miss on reliability, the Cs that I've owned/shot ran like raped apes.

User Tag List