Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dead P365 Trigger / Striker Not Releasing

Suspect the spring is not installed correctly or damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Suspect the spring is not installed correctly or damaged.
    @lwt16

I'm leaning towards the latter and ordering some sear and trigger return springs. I would have statistically got it installed correctly due to how many times I stripped the FCU this weekend.

I'll update the thread after they come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    @lwt16

I'm leaning towards the latter and ordering some sear and trigger return springs. I would have statistically got it installed correctly due to how many times I stripped the FCU this weekend.

I'll update the thread after they come in.
    Really hoping you get to the bottom of this. I appreciate you and @lwt16 posts, especially the photographs back and forth on this problem.

I am unlikely to become a P365 armorer, but this thread is like auditing a free class.

@lwt16 thank you for all the information here

If this were me, it would be on its way to Sig to fix or replace lol.

Thanks to the OP and @lwt16 for this thread. I was thinking about a P365 as a possible replacement for a j-frame, but it looks too complicated for a chimp like me. I did pass the info on to a friend who owns one.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Thanks to the OP and @lwt16 for this thread. I was thinking about a P365 as a possible replacement for a j-frame, but it looks too complicated for a chimp like me. I did pass the info on to a friend who owns one.
    No problem.

My 365 has been dead reliable and I figure I’m over 500 rounds of various brands of ammo. Definitely shoots tight at 25 yards and I’ve dabbled at the 50 y line with it.

Like most things if one keeps it clean and doesn’t mess with it they run problem free. Great ankle piece for work.

Regards

Name:  9F8533E3-2C91-41EC-A22F-FB42E1EAFE77.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  39.1 KB

The P365 really is not complicated. It's not Glock easy, but it is significantly easier than a S&W wheelgun. The biggest takeaway is to build your spare parts kit for your EDC since springs do break and disappear into black holes when falling off the workbench.

That said, a 43x MOS did follow me home for Valentine's, so I got that going for me which is nice.

The P365x is now working correctly. Got my springs in today and a new sear spring put everything in working order.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    The P365x is now working correctly. Got my springs in today and a new sear spring put everything in working order.
    Awesome!

Got a pic of the dead spring? Any idea what killed it?

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Awesome!

Got a pic of the dead spring? Any idea what killed it?
    I already tossed it, but I did notice the short end of the sear spring leg was very sharp. I'm assuming I tweaked that end with the 1/16" punch lifting it to clear the Glock tool on the initial reinstall since it would never catch the safety pin properly. I also found that a 90 degree pick worked much easier in lifting the sear spring leg instead of the 1/16" punch.

I appreciate all that help in troubleshooting.

User Tag List