Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead P365 Trigger / Striker Not Releasing

Dead P365 Trigger / Striker Not Releasing

I'm flabbergasted unless I'm missing something. Decided to swap my flat trigger to a standard on my P365x. Have done it a couple times, so not unfamiliar with the process. Whenever it's back together, the trigger does not drop the striker. There is tension on the trigger, but it doesn't trigger anything. I've put it back together several times last night and today. Even swapped it back to flat trigger and XL frame with it still occurring. It is NOT the trigger return spring and turning it upside down doesn't trip the striker. Did nothing to the slide group, so I doubt it is an issue with the upper.

This is a manual safety model, and even assembling the P365 with or without the safety doesn't drop the striker. Been watching SigGuy's P365 disassembly videos and can't track down anything wrong.

365 armorer here:

I suspect the sear pin backed out on you. Remove the slide and see if your sear wiggles any.

That pin can work out JUST a hair and will not pass a function check. I reassembled one the other day and the same thing happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    365 armorer here:

I suspect the sear pin backed out on you. Remove the slide and see if your sear wiggles any.

That pin can work out JUST a hair and will not pass a function check. I reassembled one the other day and the same thing happened to me.
    Wait. Tell us more about this... Can that happen during normal function of the gun? Or is it a reassembly problem?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Wait. Tell us more about this... Can that happen during normal function of the gun? Or is it a reassembly problem?
    A reassembly issue on a tear down of the FCU.

If the OP took the FCU completely down, that one pin MUST be fully seated. If OP only removed the trigger/trigger bar, then the safety lever pin should have trapped the sear pin.

Every time I think about changing from Glocks...

OP

Make sure you installed your disconnector. I can make mine dead by removing the disconnector.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  44.0 KB

Definitely has the disconnector installed. I'm going to break the FCU down again and try the sear pin. It's the only thing that seems plausible according to @lwt16's posts.

Wife visiting the in-laws, so I don't have another P365 to troubleshoot. Something about "two is one".

15:06 mark explains the issue.

Regards.

Here is a pic showing the relationship of the sear in the pocket.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:  11DB5750-8147-4C0A-9393-8FD1C5563D47.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  32.8 KB

This is where the sear pin must be fully engaged to function.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  37.7 KB

Name:  CB674A3F-05DA-4C19-8ED4-077BC7B3B586.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  43.1 KB

I’d tear it completely down and start over. It’s the second step in the reassembly process.

User Tag List