Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dead P365 Trigger / Striker Not Releasing

Anytime, buddy. Glad you’re up and running.

I'm having my own issues with my carry sig 365xl fcu. Had a long 4th weekend and my gun got all kinds of wet and had surface rust since I was last. Broke it down, cleaned with clp, and went to put it back in the grip module and the sear was stuck upright. I've probably taken apart the take down lever, slide release, take down safety and the little hook thingy next to the sear 10 times tonight. I'll get it to seem to work and then the take down safety will slip and sear is stuck up again. Gonna try it fresh tomorrow but it is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    @lwt16 big thanks. He sent me picture by picture advice on how to break down my fcu and fix the problem. After doing it a couple time I can now break down the fcu from memory. As easy as a glock? No not really but not as hard as a hk. Once you do it twice and remember the steps and how stuff retains one another it is no big deal.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 07-08-2022 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    @lwt16 big thanks. He sent me picture by picture advice on how to break down my fcu and fix the problem. After doing it a couple time I can now break down the fcu from memory. As easy as a glock? No not really but not as hard as a hk. Once you do it twice and release the steps and how stuff retains one another it is no big deal.
    I need to get to this point!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I need to get to this point!
    practice and more practice. I am fortunate that I have 3 365xls. Wasn't a huge deal to tear it all the way down and mess it up a few times before realizing how to do it.

Glad to help. Holler if you need anything else.

Regards

So, I came across this thread when having a very similar issue (switched from factory trigger to M*Carbo flat trigger). After I installed it, I had a dead trigger and the striker wouldn’t release.

The root of my problem ended up being that the overtravel screw was about 1/4 of a thread too far inserted into the trigger, so I basically had to squeeze with a LOT of force before the striker finally started releasing. I backed the screw out by 1/4 turn, and voila! Trigger/gun was functioning fine again.

I know this isn’t 100% applicable to the OP’s post or issue, but I’m hoping that anyone else having a dead trigger issue and who finds this thread might also be helped by learning from my mistake.

User Tag List