Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry gun confessions! What do you actually carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Monti View Post
    I carry a Tanfoglio compact .45 Auto

I pass my Gun Hipster badge on to you.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Let's see... mostly a refinished 60's Browning Hipower. For tshirt & shorts carry, a Colt 9mm LW Commander. For hiking, a S&W Shield 1.0 in a pocket holster.

But I'm not 100% happy with them, and am planning to swap to Glock this summer.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Boom View Post
    I started carrying around 1990 or so in my early 20’s. Since then I’ve owned and tried to carry enough guns I honestly can’t remember them all.

But these days and for most of the last 20 years I’ve found myself just carrying a small revolver, usually a J frame that’s my constant companion.

I wonder about all the folks across the Internet who post pics of some elaborate CCW setup with lights, RMR’s, extended mags, spare mags, all carried IWB of course. I wonder if they are really being truthful about there carry or just posting nice pics of their guns.

Something that big, that elaborate, I just don’t see them carrying that daily.

Myself I carry pretty much daily and it’s my .38 on occasion when I feel it I might carry my Shield or G26, but that’s it. All my combat sized guns are for home defense along with a well put together shotty for serious social work.

What’s your honest carry gun?
    Before I knew anything about pistols and only carried occasionally, I carried a P220 (.45) with two reloads and a pocket knife.

A few years later, I wanted to carry more often and thought the P220 too large, so I carried a P239 (.40) and two reloads with a pocket knife.

A few years later (again), I began taking daily carry more serious. I started some self-education and found some professional training which led me to carry a P229 and two reloads with a pocket knife.

Many years later, I found more professionalized training, a few great mentors, and began going to USPSA/IDPA matches more often. It was at this point that I decided to be much more serious than the previous 15 years. I decided to go with Glocks and have not looked back. I now carry a G45 with RMR2, tritium iron sights, a WML, one 19-round reload, a pocket knife, a fixed blade knife, a handheld flashlight and a TQ. If I were forced to carry a much smaller Glock I would carry a G26.

I do not recommend you carry all the stuff I listed. In fact, I would consider you foolish if you just photocopied my EDC and carried it. I'm a rando on the internet who does not know you from Adam. I do not carry what I carry because someone told me. I carry all that stuff because I went through multiple iterations of gear selection & evaluation for more than a decade before finding a realistic EDC configuration. That said, my EDC is always subject to change but will likely only change if there are external factors which force me to do so.

Some unsolicited advice: don't worry about what other people actually carry vs what they post for likes on social media. Instead, list out everything you need/want to carry and then carry it for a year. Take your EDC to the range, to professional training courses, to work (if you can), on vacation (if you can), and to competitive shooting events. Take the "everyday" part of "everyday carry" seriously. At the end of a year you'll have a reality-based EDC far superior to anything you'll see online. Good luck!
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

PX4 Compact Carry in a Vedder Light Tuck
    I've been carrying it for 3 years since I discovered it. Very rarely do I carry anything else. In fact the only time I didn't was on my wedding day, I pocketed an LCP on that day. After carrying the PX4CC for about 10 months I bought 2 more PX4CC's as backup/practice guns. I think I'll be carrying it for a long time because since i've started carrying it, I have lost all interest in looking or trying any other CCW. Before I found the PX4CC I would buy/try one or two guns every year and since I acquired the PX4 I haven't bought any in the last 3 years.

A 642 and the 5 that are in it.

A glock 17 with rmr, handheld light, folding knife, and LTC pocket med kit depending on where I'm going. I can't see the need for a wml or spare mag in an off duty capacity.

S&W908, EZ9, or Tisas 1911 if I carry a gun.

The canes, light, pepper, phone, and screwdriver most of the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post

Buy jeans one size bigger and its all comfortable. Instead of 34' I buy 35' or 36'.
    Hopefully no one will mind a slight thread derail to ask this question:

I am in search of a new pair of jeans for carry. I normally use cargo shorts or similar (I am a "34") and a T-shirt or polo. I have a pair of size 34 Levi's 505 Regular that are a bit tight if I want to carry my P365X AIWB. Otherwise they are just snug. I just ordered a pair of the same Levi's 505 Regular, but in 36. Unfortunately they are going back, because when they arrived, they were much baggier in the butt than I would have expected.

I still would like to get a pair of jeans for carry, though.

Have you found any specific brand or type of jeans that give you "that" much more room? I appreciate that this is all a personal fit thing, and I'm going to head to the store soon to try on some other options, but I saw your comment and was curious about what you picked.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Hopefully no one will mind a slight thread derail to ask this question:

I am in search of a new pair of jeans for carry. I normally use cargo shorts or similar (I am a "34") and a T-shirt or polo. I have a pair of size 34 Levi's 505 Regular that are a bit tight if I want to carry my P365X AIWB. Otherwise they are just snug. I just ordered a pair of the same Levi's 505 Regular, but in 36. Unfortunately they are going back, because when they arrived, they were much baggier in the butt than I would have expected.

I still would like to get a pair of jeans for carry, though.

Have you found any specific brand or type of jeans that give you "that" much more room? I appreciate that this is all a personal fit thing, and I'm going to head to the store soon to try on some other options, but I saw your comment and was curious about what you picked.

Thanks!
    I really like, these:
    https://www.eddiebaueroutlet.com/p/D...r%20Rock&size=

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I know the beanie has a very serious purpose, but… it makes me giggle a little.
    It is a pretty funny word. Beanie.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List