Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry gun confessions! What do you actually carry?

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    View was pretty good too.
    Wow, looks incredible. Where is that?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Wow, looks incredible. Where is that?
    Crater Lake
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Vending Machine Operator
    Realized I actually had something to contribute as I shook up my carry rotation for the first time in a few years this year/last year. Pretty tame shake-ups, but still.

Pocket Carry/NPE Carry/Most Common Carry: Transitioned from 11 years of LCP pocket carry to the LCP Max. My gut tells me not to trust the extended magazine, floorplate is WAY too finicky, so I keep the 10-rounder inserted and carry the 12-rounder as a reload when possible. Carry round: Hornady Critical Defense 90-grain until I can get my hands on some Hydra-Shok Deep. Was the 90-grain Gold Dot for the last 5 years or so but the Critical Defense seems to perform a bit better except against barriers. Can't see a lot of situations where a .380 Auto would be any help against barriers anyway.

Whenever-I-Can/Ideal Carry: Transitioned from about 3-4 years with an M&P9 Shield to an M&P9 Shield Plus with factory night sights. Pretty much the same, although my rear night sight came off centered so I need to get a vise to re-center it. Irritating. Carry round: Federal HST 147-grain.

Winter Carry/Glovebox when traveling: Glock 19 Gen 5 with Ameriglo Agent night sights. Carry round: Federal HST 147-grain.

Home Defense - Closet: 10" .300 BLK AR-pistol. Aero Precision upper, Toolcraft NibX C158 BCG, Palmetto Magpul EPT lower with SB3 Brace, Primary Arms Microprism. Round: 110-grain Hornady TAP GMX

Home Defense - Nightstand: Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS with factory night sights (still can't pick a red dot). Round: Federal HST 147-grain.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    I do not leave my house without one of my 3 pistols, and the only pistols I own are G19 Gen 5 MOS w/ RMR and TLR-7A so….

I carry the G19 and 15rd re-load AIWB in JMCK, a Malkoff MD3/M91T in back left pocket, Hinderer Eklipse in front right. Also have an iPhone, keys and wallet. Being without it is much more uncomfortable then wearing the gear is.

I don’t have insta-whatever of the face thing so I don’t do a lot of fancy pics of guns and gear. I do admit to prowling knife forum some and I do like a nice flashlight…
    Name:  92A5BCFD-E8A0-45E5-B760-DC52CE2FDDA4.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  80.1 KB

G19; rarely an M&P9c.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Realized I actually had something to contribute as I shook up my carry rotation for the first time in a few years this year/last year. Pretty tame shake-ups, but still.

Pocket Carry/NPE Carry/Most Common Carry: Transitioned from 11 years of LCP pocket carry to the LCP Max. My gut tells me not to trust the extended magazine, floorplate is WAY too finicky, so I keep the 10-rounder inserted and carry the 12-rounder as a reload when possible. Carry round: Hornady Critical Defense 90-grain until I can get my hands on some Hydra-Shok Deep. Was the 90-grain Gold Dot for the last 5 years or so but the Critical Defense seems to perform a bit better except against barriers. Can't see a lot of situations where a .380 Auto would be any help against barriers anyway.

Whenever-I-Can/Ideal Carry: Transitioned from about 3-4 years with an M&P9 Shield to an M&P9 Shield Plus with factory night sights. Pretty much the same, although my rear night sight came off centered so I need to get a vise to re-center it. Irritating. Carry round: Federal HST 147-grain.

Winter Carry/Glovebox when traveling: Glock 19 Gen 5 with Ameriglo Agent night sights. Carry round: Federal HST 147-grain.

Home Defense - Closet: 10" .300 BLK AR-pistol. Aero Precision upper, Toolcraft NibX C158 BCG, Palmetto Magpul EPT lower with SB3 Brace, Primary Arms Microprism. Round: 110-grain Hornady TAP GMX

Home Defense - Nightstand: Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS with factory night sights (still can't pick a red dot). Round: Federal HST 147-grain.
    I use the LCP Max for carry when I do a run to the store. It's not my daily carry, but the 12rd mag has been in it for a few months now without issues

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Almost without fail, Gen5 G26 for me. Over the last 3-4 years I have gone full retard on the "mini fighting gun" program. Three P365s (standard, XL and XL MS); the G42, G43, and G43X; a 938; a Hellcat; a Shield, a 45 Shield, and a Shield Plus. Last week, I bought a new Gen5 G26, and today I burned through one of my fastest, prettiest El Prez runs I've ever done. Yes, it's a chunky little bugger compared to the "slim lines," but it is dramatically more shootable than any of the other options I've tried. Plus I can reload it off a G19 mag in my pocket, which also works in the FM9 in my sling bag - simplicity has its own attraction.

If the G26 were to be expeliarmus'd out of existence, I'd be back to the Shield Plus.

When the weather is cool/cold and I feel like being a cool guy, I'll carry a 1911 of some stripe.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I use the LCP Max for carry when I do a run to the store. It's not my daily carry, but the 12rd mag has been in it for a few months now without issues

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    That’s good to know, thank you. Probably just normal trust jitters from changing to a new and unproven (to me) gun.

Quite a far cry from the young man I was when I joined in 2014 and changed guns every three months or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Boom View Post
    I started carrying around 1990 or so in my early 20’s. Since then I’ve owned and tried to carry enough guns I honestly can’t remember them all.

But these days and for most of the last 20 years I’ve found myself just carrying a small revolver, usually a J frame that’s my constant companion.

I wonder about all the folks across the Internet who post pics of some elaborate CCW setup with lights, RMR’s, extended mags, spare mags, all carried IWB of course. I wonder if they are really being truthful about there carry or just posting nice pics of their guns.

Something that big, that elaborate, I just don’t see them carrying that daily.

Myself I carry pretty much daily and it’s my .38 on occasion when I feel it I might carry my Shield or G26, but that’s it. All my combat sized guns are for home defense along with a well put together shotty for serious social work.

What’s your honest carry gun?
    I have often wondered the same thing. After the stage of carrying different guns, I had an epiphany when the unfortunate shit hit the fan. I was a dedicated competition shooter with many custom 1911's. However, when the SHTF, I had a glock in a shoulder holster. I did go home safe, but remembered the words of a few folks who use to tell me, "Pick something reliable and stick with it." Hence, I retired my competition gear and decided it would be a glock. I settled on a Kramer horsehide, vertical scabbard and galco mag carrier. I got a heavy gun belt and continued shooting IPSC from concealment. I carried my old gen2 glock 17 for 28 years. I built a few clones (5) and one was for competition only. I have sent at least 250,000 rounds downrange with that glock 17.

I carried everyday and I live where it can get very hot. I don't really get the small, mini gun fashion with added dots, light, comps, extended mags etc. Due to health issues, I have had to carry in a sling bag most recently. I carry a gen3 glock 19 with a vickers plug. It feels to me like the grip of the 17. In many of the classes, I have observed folks having numerous issues with small guns. They have issues manipulating the tiny guns. Watching them attempt reloads or just drawing or reholstering the gun while sweeping themselves is scary. (I realize that this forum has dedicated folks who are very proficient.)

Except perhaps my time interning and training with a particular federal LEA, when I am CCW, I don't have backup nor an identifying uniform etc. So in protecting my family, I will try to slant as many factors in my favor and this includes carrying a full size fighting gun and reloads. I will get off the soap box.

Cheers, Steve

I rotate between a Sig P365SAS and a Glock 42. I'm thinking about getting a Ruger LPC Max for a really light pocket gun or BUG.

User Tag List