Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry gun confessions! What do you actually carry?

Carry gun confessions! What do you actually carry?

I started carrying around 1990 or so in my early 20’s. Since then I’ve owned and tried to carry enough guns I honestly can’t remember them all.

But these days and for most of the last 20 years I’ve found myself just carrying a small revolver, usually a J frame that’s my constant companion.

I wonder about all the folks across the Internet who post pics of some elaborate CCW setup with lights, RMR’s, extended mags, spare mags, all carried IWB of course. I wonder if they are really being truthful about there carry or just posting nice pics of their guns.

Something that big, that elaborate, I just don’t see them carrying that daily.

Myself I carry pretty much daily and it’s my .38 on occasion when I feel it I might carry my Shield or G26, but that’s it. All my combat sized guns are for home defense along with a well put together shotty for serious social work.

What’s your honest carry gun?

I used to primarily carry a Walther PPS M2. I still occasionally when I'm outside, playing with my kids.

For the last couple of years, I've been primarily carrying a CZ P-07. Since I've gotten into red dots, I've been using a P-10C optics ready. I'll get back to the P-07 after I get the slide cut for an optic.

The larger gun was easier to conceal, but I attribute that to the longer slide length, pushing the rear of the slide into my abdomen. If I got into a longer holster, the PPS would quite easily disappear.

P365 lately, or a G43 or 26.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I actually do carry a 1911, two spare mags, pepper spray, and an ankle med kit, in addition to the non emergency stuff I carry in my pockets (phone, handheld flashlight, wallet, keys, pen, multi tool, etc.). Whether other people believe that or not isn’t really important to me.

But if clothing for the day doesn’t allow for one or more of those things I’ll also carry an LCR, with or without a reload (or just not carry a gun if that’s what’s called for), and ditch any number of them besides the pepper spray, which always comes with me unless I’m going into a courthouse or other area with real and enforced security (I’m a lawyer so those are a thing).

It depends, but carrying that much stuff is very doable with the right support gear. The “full kit” is the default and I adjust as necessary depending on clothes and other factors the day ahead is dealing me.

Site Supporter

99% of the time it is a P30 or P30sk in 9mm. If I need something really compact I go with a Kahr MK9.

I rarely carry a reload but I probably should.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

EDC

I actually carry the same things that I train with on a regular basis. I have duplicates of all of my carry weapons, mags, etc. (stunt doubles) for training.

Though I have had and do have many types of handguns and knives, I do train with the same ones that I carry 24/7.

Name:  Screenshot_20220212-135854.jpg
Views: 2014
Size:  60.0 KB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I was given a JMCK AIWB holster for a Colt Commander and really liked it. I put a BHC SFS in a 1911A1-pattern gun and found that I liked that, a lot.

So I got a JMCK AIWB holster with a neoprene wedge for the 1911. With AIWB, the weight of the gun isn't an issue for me. It conceals nicely.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Beretta PX4 compact carry 90% of the time or more. If not that, J frame. Usually AIWB for the Beretta. Could be a pocket or something else for the j frame

Site Supporter
    Said in another thread, G26 or J frame. Galco holster for the G26. DeSantis for J. Spyderco, Surefire. SWAT-T in back pocket. Photon light on key chain. 1 extra mag or a speed loader. Breath mints. All kinds of apocalypse stuff in the back of the SUV.

User Tag List