Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wild road rage incident in North Carolina

Wild road rage incident in North Carolina

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/st...258304398.html

wo drivers are facing charges after a chaotic road rage encounter on a North Carolina highway was captured on video, according to state law enforcement officials.

The nearly two-minute video posted on Facebook just after 8 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 9, showed a white van and black sedan swerving in and out of traffic before a North Carolina State Trooper caught up to them. The person recording, identified by WAVY as Pete Denny, provided colorful commentary throughout.

#RESIST

Crazy driving. Glad they got caught, but have to wonder how many are out there not getting caught.

I think people have become so accustomed and comfortable with cars they don't realize the potential danger they face. That is unless they've been involved with an MVA, or have to deal with them or their aftermath.

Years and years ago I was into NASCAR. During one of the weekly radio shows they were interviewing Jeff Burton, a well-respected and good driver at the time, I believe he hailed from Virginia. The host asked him if he ever got a little aggressive on the interstate with people cutting him off or him wanting to pretend that he's racing.

His response was that he was one of the most timid drivers on the highway there ever was. He never did anything like that at all. He said he'd rather get in a car wreck at 150 miles an hour in one of his stock cars rather than a 30 mile an hour crash in a regular motor vehicle with just a seatbelt and airbag. He had seen enough crashes and experienced enough to know the forces involved.

Question for our L.E.O. crowd; would you treat that as a felony stop with a callout?

Doubt it. Maybe a call back, but not a true felony stop.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

The driver of the white Nissan van is Jerry Ray Wyatt of Eden, NC. Normally, I respect people’s privacy in the face of a mistake, but this guy deserves to be made famous for the number of lives that he risked. Plus, this pretty much happened in my backyard on a road that my wife drives on frequently. Best that I can tell, this dipshit still has a Facebook presence. Although it appears that the previously drove for a living, I can’t tell if he is still employed. As far as I’m concerned, he has forfeited his right to ever operate a motor vehicle and should get used to walking and biking to get from point A to B for the rest of his life.

Driver of the dark Mazda is Joshua Ian Livesay, 25, of Mayodan, NC. I can’t tell how much of a victim he was in this, but he should probably go to jail too simply for being a guy driving a Mazda CX-5.
    Last edited by Sensei; 02-12-2022 at 01:21 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

1.) The level of stupidity that comes out of some people never ceases to amaze me.
    2.) That sure seems like a good way to get shot.

It seemed at times the white van was being used as a weapon in an attempt to make the dark Mazda crash…
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I can’t tell how much of a victim he was in this, but he should probably go to jail too simply for being a guy driving a Mazda CX-5.
    Might want to cool off a little before you start throwing people in jail—that is definitely not a Mazda CX-5.

10/10 for the commentary.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Question for our L.E.O. crowd; would you treat that as a felony stop with a callout?
    Nope, not if they stopped for the overheads.

But Reckless Driving is an arrestable offence here, so, contact, return to run the license, smile and put the clipboard on the hood of the unit, and call back...😎😜😝😁

pat

User Tag List