Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Competition Red Dot Optic

Competition Red Dot Optic

I have been out of USPSA and IDPA for over ten years now. Our youngest child will be heading off to college next fall, so I am ready to get back into competition shooting. I flirted with CCP in IDPA but I have settled on giving Carry Optics (primarily USPSA) a run for a variety of reasons. I have 2 Glock 45s that I want to have direct milled for a red dot. I have not shoot a red dot pistol so I a have no preference. The question is which red dot would you choose and why, i.e. reliability, window size, battery life, clarity, etc. etc

Thank you in advance for your input.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

For a game gun, it would be the SRO hands down for me. Big window. Easy battery exchange.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    For a game gun, it would be the SRO hands down for me. Big window. Easy battery exchange.
    Agreed. Sig has some nice optics as well, but reliability has been an issue.

Another +1 for SRO

For me SRO on competition guns hands down.

With an RMR footprint you have the option to dry fire / carry with a Holosun 507c and compete with an SRO on the other gun without spending an arm and a leg for two SRO.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Another vote for SRO. As @JCN said along with some Holosun optics, the Swampfox Justice has an RMR footprint and a larger window. I've got one and like it.

Thank you, looks like SRO it is.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I have concerns about the SRO personally. If your goal was easiest battery change in the business Leupold Deltapoint Pro is the winner.

I use a holosun 407CO and it's been ok. I never once notice the window size at all, I love the reticle and battery change isn't really an issue because battery life is like 5 years. I change it every year or two just to be on the safe side.

I like the 508t but haven't run a match in a while. I'd put it up against my friend's SRO any day.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    I like the 508t but haven't run a match in a while. I'd put it up against my friend's SRO any day.
    Here’s an illustration of why window size matters on slide ride guns.

I practice with an SRO and compete with a Romeo 3 Max or XL. My wife practiced and competes with the R3 Max/XL.

My theory is the SRO is more durable, hence my use for practice. That said, I have sent two SRO fits back in the last few months, and my wife hasn't needed to send back a R3Max/XL in over a year. The R3Max is brighter than the SRO, has more dot adjustment through the range of intensity, and the optic isn't subject to false dots like the SRO. The SRO is stronger if you drop it or beat it on things.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List