Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just picked up a 19.5 MOS...going to be my first attempt at a RD on a pistol

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!

I just picked up a 19.5 MOS...going to be my first attempt at a RD on a pistol

I got the chance to pick up a clean Glock Gen 5 19 MOS. I know this is a pretty pedestrian purchase, but I live in CA so it is hard to get Gen 5's. The trigger on this one is solid and I will probably leave it stock for the time being. I stripped it down for a deep cleaning, installed the medium backstrap and it seems good to go.

I have also been thinking that 2022 is the year I give a RDS a shot. I am going to wait until the Holosun SCS becomes available as it is a direct mount to the MOS cut on the slide. In the meanwhile I installed some Ameriglo Trooper sights to replace the plastic throw aways.

It looks like I will have some desert time in a couple of weeks so I can shoot the 19 and check the sights. Now that ammo is becoming available I look forward to putting a few hundred rounds down the pipe. Anyways I am pretty fired up about this one and love the Gen 5's.

Here are some pics of the new shooter just because:

Name:  IMG-1467.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  100.9 KB

Name:  IMG-1462.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  98.9 KB

Name:  IMG-1463.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  45.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    I got the chance to pick up a clean Glock Gen 5 19 MOS. I know this is a pretty pedestrian purchase, but I live in CA so it is hard to get Gen 5's. The trigger on this one is solid and I will probably leave it stock for the time being. I stripped it down for a deep cleaning, installed the medium backstrap and it seems good to go.

I have also been thinking that 2022 is the year I give a RDS a shot. I am going to wait until the Holosun SCS becomes available as it is a direct mount to the MOS cut on the slide. In the meanwhile I installed some Ameriglo Trooper sights to replace the plastic throw aways.

It looks like I will have some desert time in a couple of weeks so I can shoot the 19 and check the sights. Now that ammo is becoming available I look forward to putting a few hundred rounds down the pipe. Anyways I am pretty fired up about this one and love the Gen 5's.

Here are some pics of the new shooter just because:
    Great minds think alike. I recently picked up an optic ready blaster to jump into the dot game. It was supposed to be a 19 MOS but everything else I was shooting a 1911. I like your style.
    Name:  AF4BCEB8-BB7F-4B1C-A02D-E3E4C461F60D.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  68.3 KB

What exact sights are on that Gen 5? I cannot see them that well, looks like Ameriglo, but cant tell if they are a set of troopers or Bold's...

Good starting place I would think. I decided to give them a try as well and had one of my CZ P09s milled and I am really liking it.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    The sights are Ameriglo Troopers. They fit in the gap between the plate and the rear of the slide with no overhang. I like them so far, but need to shoot the gun to confirm the zero.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    The sights are Ameriglo Troopers. They fit in the gap between the plate and the rear of the slide with no overhang. I like them so far, but need to shoot the gun to confirm the zero.
    Was assuming you’d notice the Scree 32 in the background of my pics as well, same color!

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Great minds think alike. I recently picked up an optic ready blaster to jump into the dot game. It was supposed to be a 19 MOS but everything else I was shooting a 1911. I like your style.
    Name:  AF4BCEB8-BB7F-4B1C-A02D-E3E4C461F60D.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  68.3 KB

Yes they do!!! I really like that little pack. It is just about perfect for my day trips into the mountains and deserts.

I would love to give the S&W M&P a try but they are even harder to get in CA than the Glocks. That is on my list for things to try when I finally escape this communist wasteland!

I am getting ready for next weekend and some range time! I will post an update when I return.

Good choice.

I picked up the same gun last year and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Good choice.

I picked up the same gun last year and love it.

Same here, and paid the California Tax on it

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    Same here, and paid the California Tax on it
    Mine came out to right around $700 "Blue Line" pricing after all the fees and sales taxes were paid.

I'm scared to think of what you guys are paying for them.

User Tag List