Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Rail Adapters

Will either of the rail adapters mentioned work on a Centurion?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Will either of the rail adapters mentioned work on a Centurion?
    The EZ will work on a compact so pretty sure it will do the same on a Centurion.

I’ll post a photo when I find it.

I can't really say since they are on our two bedroom 92s which 99% of the time are in the lockbox under the bed. They clamp onto the trigger guard so I would assume they might mar it slightly. They also contact the sides of the dust cover. This is the fit on a slant dust cover. You can see it barely reaches the sides of the dust cover.
    Name:  20210123_093541.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  22.1 KB
    This is the fit on a straight dust cover.
    Name:  20220213_071438.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  26.2 KB
    The fit to the dust cover is a slip fit rather than jam tight fit so I think marring there would be minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    The EZ will work on a compact so pretty sure it will do the same on a Centurion.

I’ll post a photo when I find it.
    Thanks. I have a 92D Centurion with the straight dust cover. I'm hoping this would be a reasonable alternative for a house gat with a light. The other alternative is to buy a 92A1/M9A1 frame and build-a-gat.
    Julius Caesar

Thanks. I have a 92D Centurion with the straight dust cover. I'm hoping this would be a reasonable alternative for a house gat with a light. The other alternative is to buy a 92A1/M9A1 frame and build-a-gat.
    What’s the price/availability of M9A1 frames?

I really think it will be perfect for your needs.

Name:  IMG_3067.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  83.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dcowboyscr View Post
    Pretty much the price and availability of M9A1 pistols which 2 years ago was pretty dismal - especially for poor stupid bastards like me who need a Kalifornia specific SKU on the box. Railed frames are pretty rare creatures on their own, but some people will buy M9A1 pistols for their frames and then mate them to different slides to build the pistol to meet their needs (Frankenguns or "Build-a-gat.")

Quote Originally Posted by Dcowboyscr View Post
    Last I checked when I was looking for a 92D Centurion a 92X frame with all the important bits and a rail was going used for $425.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I really think it will be perfect for your needs.

Name:  IMG_3067.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  83.5 KB

Pretty much the price and availability of M9A1 pistols which 2 years ago was pretty dismal - especially for poor stupid bastards like me who need a Kalifornia specific SKU on the box. Railed frames are pretty rare creatures on their own, but some people will buy M9A1 pistols for their frames and then mate them to different slides to build the pistol to meet their needs (Frankenguns or "Build-a-gat.")
    I think you’re correct.

I had looked into building a 92D Centurion off a parts kit and a 92X frame. I was looking at around $800-$900 by the time I collected all the parts. The factory built 92D Centurion I bought was $550-ish with the shipping and other fees.

I don’t feel a pressing need to run a WML on a carry gun. I’ve taken enough low/no light classes to feel confident in using a handheld. With that being said I do like the idea of having one on the go-to house gun for reasons.

Thanks for the picture. I think next time I order gun stuff I’ll add one of those mounts to the list.
    Julius Caesar

I think you’re correct.

I had looked into building a 92D Centurion off a parts kit and a 92X frame. I was looking at around $800-$900 by the time I collected all the parts. The factory built 92D Centurion I bought was $550-ish with the shipping and other fees.

I don’t feel a pressing need to run a WML on a carry gun. I’ve taken enough low/no light classes to feel confident in using a handheld. With that being said I do like the idea of having one on the go-to house gun for reasons.

Thanks for the picture. I think next time I order gun stuff I’ll add one of those mounts to the list.
    As mentioned- the cool thing about the EZ Rail is that it goes on and off as easy as a light. I would carry my M9 in my tanker holster or M12 and the light attached to the rail in a pouch on my web gear. If I needed a light it was almost as quick to mount the light to the gun as it was just to grab a hand held.

Take a look at this project over on ARF.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns...me-/15-203461/
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List