Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Rail Adapters

Beretta 92 Rail Adapters

I have a classic no rail Beretta 92 made in 2021. Looking for light rail adapters. I can’t find the Surefire MR11 which is my first choice anywhere. Does anyone have experience with the TDI Arms rail adapter? Are there any other adapters I should be looking at? Thanks.

I have the EZ Rail that I sometime use on my Beretta 92d. It’s pretty good for what it is, the light sits a little lower than on a true railed Beretta however. I was able to get it to work in a Phlster Floodlight holster with a TRL light.

I tried a NC star adapter before that and it was a waste of money. It didn’t fit correctly and it was secure on the gun. The EZ adapter locks on and is very secure.

https://www.trgear.com/EZ-Rail--Bere...del_p_168.html

Name:  D24A79CE-29CF-41AC-A2B1-F9D4C77529A9.jpg
Views: 2104
Size:  45.2 KB

Name:  B532EC94-1E53-48C2-8822-C0A5AD1F491C.jpg
Views: 1776
Size:  46.3 KB

To be honest I would just keep an eye out for a used 92A1.

Defilade good to know about the EZ adapter. I was wondering how secure it was.

Once the EZ adapter is in place, it doesn’t move. It locks onto the takedown button and stays put.

There is this thing from Recover Tactical https://www.recovertactical.com/prod...beretta-92-m9/

This will create holster issues I suppose.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Another big fan of the EZ Rail adaptor (formally known as TIC).

I have used several different adapters and this is by far my favorite. It is very secure and have never had any issues. It’s big advantage is that goes on and off quickly. I leave the light attached to the adapter, and then slide the adaptor on and off like you would the light.

While I have never had one break it does seem of lighter build than the surefire or some other rails so if your intent was a permanent mount to be carried in a holster daily and subject it to numerous draws, then I’d recommend the surefire. But if you are fine carrying it separately and then quickly slapping it on when needed (what I did when I was carrying an M9) or simply want to give the capability to mount a light to a nightstand or home defense gun, the EZ rail is the way to go.

The only BIG downside to the EZ Rail is that it is designed for use with a FLAT DUST COVER and as a result does not fit as well on slanted dust cover guns. You could use some bondo or similar and build up the rail to fit the slanted dust cover and that should provide a custom fit.

I have two of the TDI adapters. I was very impressed w/ the first one. Unfortunately the second one had a problem.
    Name:  20210205_153935.jpg
Views: 1491
Size:  22.6 KB
    More unfortunately I sent this picture to them and...crickets. I am able to use it, and it is just for a light so if the aim is slightly off it's no big deal. If it were to mount a laser, I wouldn't want to rely on it.

https://fenixstore.de/SureFire-MR11-Adapter-Mount

I ordered from them a couple years ago for the same thing on my 226.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I have two of the TDI adapters. I was very impressed w/ the first one. Unfortunately the second one had a problem.
    Name:  20210205_153935.jpg
Views: 1491
Size:  22.6 KB
    More unfortunately I sent this picture to them and...crickets. I am able to use it, and it is just for a light so if the aim is slightly off it's no big deal. If it were to mount a laser, I wouldn't want to rely on it.
    Do you find that the TDI adapter wears on the triggerguard or dustcover or are there pads like the Surefire MR11 to prevent scratching the frame?

User Tag List