Thread: laser on S/W M&P

laser on S/W M&P

Put a laser on new M&P before I even shot the gun for first time. This .45 is lighter and little more recoil than the .45 I have tried to master my handgun skills with. Trying to zero in laser and was missing very low and left out the box. Could this be just not use to this pistol and what is the best way to line this laser up.

We are diminished
    Zero the laser from some kind of rest, like sandbags. Work the trigger very slowly so that you cannot predict the moment it will fire and each shot surprises you as it goes off. Don't try to control recoil or do anything else other than keeping the laser on your point of aim as the trigger is pulled.

Based on that, adjust your sight and check zero. Repeat as necessary.

Another option is to pick a distance you want the laser zeroed. Set a target at that distance, then use a stable rest platform. If you can do it alone, great....if not, get someone to adjust the laser so that it intersects the target at your specified distance, and the top of your front sight. This will get you pretty close.

Then head out to the range and perform the method Todd G describes for confirmation. If you are several inches off, it is you.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

User Tag List