Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lower BUIS

https://cpcustomguns.com/product/tem...s-rds-back-up/

Haven't tried these but have heard good things and am very interested in them

Site Supporter
    I use Dawson's MOS set on all my MOS guns and a .225" Dawson front on my 509T direct milled slides. I'm in the market for low but usable BUIS for a P365 milled for a 507k.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I use Dawson's MOS set on all my MOS guns and a .225" Dawson front on my 509T direct milled slides. I'm in the market for low but usable BUIS for a P365 milled for a 507k.
    Same. I'm too lazy to just get a caliper and measure how much taller they need to be to clear the base of the optic.

I received a set of the lower height BUIS from Chip Wiz, and installed them on a direct milled Glock 19. They definitely obscure less of the RMR display than the Ameriglo set with the .315 front. Perfect height. The rear has a set screw and is not sharp.

Name:  774D68C4-9DB2-4776-A4E8-67C6A6E5E69B.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  18.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I received a set of the lower height BUIS from Chip Wiz, and installed them on a direct milled Glock 19. They definitely obscure less of the RMR display than the Ameriglo set with the .315 front. Perfect height. The rear has a set screw and is not sharp.
    Who milled that Glock? Reason I am asking is that ChipWiz site description says that they are designed for 0.125 deep pocket. All direct milled Glocks I owned were deeper. ATEI is around 0.145 and Maple Leaf I think is 0.165.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I'm surprised adjustable RDS specific rears aren't a thing. Looking at some adjustable rears I have from Dawson, it wouldn't be impossible to make at least for irons rear configs.
    Last edited by Olim9; 02-22-2022 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Who milled that Glock? Reason I am asking is that ChipWiz site description says that they are designed for 0.125 deep pocket. All direct milled Glocks I owned were deeper. ATEI is around 0.145 and Maple Leaf I think is 0.165.
    Primary Machine
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List