Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lower BUIS

lower BUIS

I have been using Ameriglo GL-511 BUIS on MOS and direct milled Glock installations. The front is .315.

They still obscure more of the optic window than I prefer. Is there an option that is slightly lower than a .315 front, but still taller than non BUIS sights while still being usable through the bottom of the optic?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    If you have calipers you can probably check it yourself, my numbers might be off. I believe you can still see .285 sights through an RMR on a milled slide but it's noticeably less than a "normal" sight picture.

My Faxon G19 slide has a .290 rear and a .270 front (I think). But I know some companies mill a hair deeper than others.

Site Supporter
    I don't have the link handy right now, but Dawson will build whatever height sights you want. And they include how to measure for what you want. Also ARF.com had a thread on what height sights to order for low/useable cowitness.

pat

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    For anyone who didn't click the link, those sights are .285. That's pretty much how mine looks. Much more agreeable than .315 front and rear.

I got the low witness sights to install with my plate on my MOS 19.5. They’re definitely a Goldilocks “just right” height. It wouldn’t hurt my feelings to have a plain front for buis service but it’s nice to know if I decide to drop the optic these are perfectly workable as primaries.

For my direct milk slide, I have Warren sights that barely show. I had to trim the rear sights front lip, but they are very minimalist.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

George, I use these on all my milled guns. Front sight is .285.

https://suarezinternational.com/suar...hts-for-glock/

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    George, I use these on all my milled guns. Front sight is .285.

https://suarezinternational.com/suar...hts-for-glock/
    Thanks, how sharp is the rear sight? (and same question for CHPWS rear, they look like Night Fision, which has been sharp on other sets I have)
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thanks, how sharp is the rear sight? (and same question for CHPWS rear, they look like Night Fision, which has been sharp on other sets I have)
    I don’t find them sharp at all. There’s a little bit of a bevel on the corners. I carry them AIWB everyday and never get poked.

Site Supporter
    I've posted about them before, but I'm a big fan of this setup on the G19:

Name:  IMG_4410.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  67.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_4417.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  51.6 KB

10-8 "regular" height irons (Dawson front of the same height because I lost the 10-8 front due to stupidity).

User Tag List