Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What should happen here. Rookie Trooper Caught stealing @ Gun Store.

What should happen here. Rookie Trooper Caught stealing @ Gun Store.

Rookie State Trooper Awaits Discipline for Newington Gun Store Theft

https://ctexaminer.com/2022/02/09/ro...n-store-theft/

Discipline is pending against a rookie state trooper accused of stealing a gun ammunition-loading magazine from a Newington shop two weeks after he graduated from the State Police Training Academy last summer – an incident captured by the store’s video surveillance cameras.
    While awaiting the decision on discipline, troopers who have spoken to CT Examiner anonymously say many of Lumpkin’s colleagues are angry and exasperated that Lumpkin has been allowed to remain on the job, saying it damages the agency’s and their individual credibility.

“Our command staff has an obligation to make sure that every man and woman who wears the state police badge serves with integrity,” one trooper said. “We’re just hoping that they will do the right thing and hold this guy accountable.”

Prosecuted and probably fired, the order of which will depend on whether he's still on probation. If he's off probation, a conviction will likely be needed to fire him; if not, toss him.

A guy who will do crooked shit as a brand new cop will only get worse.

Charge him and fire his ass.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Charge him and fire his ass.
    This ^^^

Both agency in the community or dodging a bullet with this guy.

i wonder if he got hired with a morality waiver.

Woke State Police are reluctant to fire a minority.

My agency would have terminated him immediately. While on probation you could be terminated for any reason without any recourse, and we did it for less than theft. Even if the shop had pressed charges, on a first time shoplifting charge, he'd have walked. In those days, termination by one department was the kiss of death for an LE career. Unfortunately that no longer seems to be the case.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I’d be shocked if he gets fired.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Store won't prosecute, so no criminal charges.

If probationary period works there like here, fire him now. He's a thief and he's almost certain to be a bigger problem waiting to rear it's head.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

It’s a crime of dishonesty, which is something the State has to disclose every time one of his cases is prosecuted…

User Tag List