Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Experiences

While talking to my dentist this morning about my bad gums, he noted that he's seeing a lot of gum irritation as a post Covid symptom.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Sat in a 3 hour talking meeting this morning next to a guy who texted me later in the day saying he felt crummy and tested positive mid day.

I was the only one in the meeting wearing an N95.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Sat in a 3 hour talking meeting this morning next to a guy who texted me later in the day saying he felt crummy and tested positive mid day.

I was the only one in the meeting wearing an N95.
    Good luck - I was masked while I was traveling Sunday, but I let myself use a surgical instead of my usual N95.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    My wife started feeling sick on Tuesday - sore throat, stuffy nose, cough, aches, chills, mild fever. Mild flu like symptoms with a little more chest congestion. She tested negative with an at home test. I came down with the same symptoms yesterday. Took a test this morning and it was positive. She retested and it was positive.

We are vaccinated and got boosters in January, but hadn't gotten around to the second booster.

We had slacked off taking precautions. No longer wearing a mask when entering stores and not religiously using sanitizer when getting back in the car. Might be a good idea to take precautions again if you've slacked off like us.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JclInAtx View Post
    My wife started feeling sick on Tuesday - sore throat, stuffy nose, cough, aches, chills, mild fever. Mild flu like symptoms with a little more chest congestion. She tested negative with an at home test. I came down with the same symptoms yesterday. Took a test this morning and it was positive. She retested and it was positive.

We are vaccinated and got boosters in January, but hadn't gotten around to the second booster.

We had slacked off taking precautions. No longer wearing a mask when entering stores and not religiously using sanitizer when getting back in the car. Might be a good idea to take precautions again if you've slacked off like us.
    No mask here... but I still do the hand sanitizer in the car...

I believe if I get it, having been boosted once, I'll be ok.... Back to living.

I hope you and your wife only see mild symptoms and recover quickly.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Bloodwork has shown I have antibodies for almost 6 months now.
    Never knew I had it.
    Wife lost her smell/taste for two days.
    19 year old live at home son never got it.
    Big nothingburger at my house.
    Zero vaccinations.
    Similar experience but wife and I tested before the new year, came back positive. We sat around, got some sun and took an easy week off with the kids but no “real” symptoms (different ages and ethnicities). Majority of my family had a similar experience. Unfortunately we’ve lost a few of my wife’s family to other illnesses, and some to COVID craziness (mental health).
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Now we have a new variant BA 2.75. Researchers are saying not to panic just yet.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1544413181027778561

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=5642e04b7f55

While it ain’t the “Centaurus” of Covid-19 attention right now, the new BA.2.75 Omicron subvariant does deserve to be closely monitored. This so-called “Centaurus” subvariant, first detected in India, has now appeared in at least 10 other countries including the U.S. And there are eight-not-so-simple reasons why the BA.2.75 could potentially be even more concerning than the already concerning BA.5 subvariant of the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). Before you run around the room flapping your arms in a panic, though, the emphasis here is on the word “potentially” as opposed to “definitely” or “fer sure.” Plus, public health authorities will never say, “OK, everyone, time to panic now.”
    I haven't got a second booster yet but will sometime later this year. I'm not sure researchers can keep up with the mutations but that's all I can do. My wife already got the 2nd booster from her doc a few days ago.
    Last edited by Borderland; 07-08-2022 at 08:22 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Now we have a new variant BA 2.75. Researchers are saying not to panic just yet.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1544413181027778561

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=5642e04b7f55

I haven't got a second booster yet but will sometime later this year. I'm not sure researchers can keep up with the mutations but that's all I can do. My wife already got the 2nd booster from her doc a few days ago.

We drank the kool-aid and had our two shots, [pre #3 and 4 boosters weren't available at the time] and my wife and I ended up getting the 'Rona in January of '22. Felt horrible for a week or so.
    I work alone, and we were in the middle of snow season here in NH, so I worked thru the virus plowing snow. Sucked.

Effects like changes in our sense of smell, ability to concentrate, and being exhausted followed after the initial part of Captain Trips.
    We both decided right then and there that there would be no more boosters, shots of kool-aid. We got our initial 2 doses, and that's it.

I realize everyone has different views on the shots, and the virus, but we'll have no more of the vaccine.

My daughter was never vaxxed, and has never gotten any variant.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Two of the four in my immediate family (including me) got Covid for the second time, in May. The second time, it was like a moderate cold, and half of us avoided it entirely. I was recovered in only 5 days.

We know the source of the illness this time, and that individual was both vaccinated and masked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    A good friend's adult son caught it. His lungs are destroyed for the most part. He cannot even walk to the bathroom. Constantly on oxygen. He has no strength. He moved back with his parents. Luckily his father is quite competent and is fighting through his insurance problems - health, employment, disability, etc. The son is on the lung transplant list. Fingers crossed for him.

User Tag List