Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Experiences

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    After returning from Alaska, I started having mild cold-like symptoms (runny nose, scratchy throat, fatigue, no fever).

Two rapid tests were negative. A PCR test just came in positive. I have had 2+2 Moderna vax+boosters.

The only other “interesting” symptom was excessive urinating the night before last. No UTI symptoms, so I was puzzled enough to do some digging—since the virus uses the ACE2 receptor/enzyme, which is involved in renal function through the renin-angiotensin pathways. Apparently increased pissing with no UTI is becoming a known symptom in some people. Mine is back to normal.
    Same exact development as mine. Went on a business trip to SFO and SLC. Started feeling poor in SLC and had frequent urination (like every fifteen minutes for three hours but no pain) the day before heading home. Tested positive the next day. The frequent urination stopped the next day, but I am still congested more than two weeks later. Two Pfizer shots and one Pfizer booster. Next booster is due this fall.

Site Supporter
    I just got over a shitty ass cold that took me and my wife down for a week apiece (her for one week, and me for the next). It's weird because neither of us tested positive by rapid or PCR, but my blood pressure jumped up, I had a truly ridiculous amount of nasal drainage, and my wife had a cough that sounded like death on legs.

I first thought it was maybe the cold medicine causing my BP to go so high, or maybe the fact I was supplementing with creatine, but I don't know that there's any reliable evidence to suggest creatine causes high BP and I wasn't taking any cold meds with phenylephrine.

I'm not sure it was COVID, but the mention of the ACE pathway that the COVID virus takes did have me curious.

Or it could just be that I eat like shit and that even though I'm in good shape and get plenty of exercise I can only run from my horrible diet for so long and now I'm in my 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    but I don't know that there's any reliable evidence to suggest creatine causes high BP
    It should raise blood pressure marginally since creatine causes your muscles to retain water and that extra weight puts a little more pressure on your blood vessels.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    It should raise blood pressure marginally since creatine causes your muscles to retain water and that extra weight puts a little more pressure on your blood vessels.
    That makes sense. Ultimately I decided to drop creatine from my daily supplement routine. The strength I gained while on it seems to have stuck around but a BP of 145/90 when I'm usually 125/85 just isn't worth it at this point. I like the idea of not developing heart disease, PVD, or CKD and my time spent in the gym is in service of that.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I'm on day 7 after testing positive on a home test. My wife and 9yo daughter tested positive a few days prior. My wife had mild cold symptoms and lethargy. My daughter had a slight stuffy nose and no reduction in energy. I had mild cold symptoms but a wicked bad sore throat. My wife and I are feeling much better now. I'm very thankful to God that our symptoms were mild. I was particularly worried about my wife due to her other health issues. We have stayed away from Covid shots.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    That makes sense. Ultimately I decided to drop creatine from my daily supplement routine. The strength I gained while on it seems to have stuck around but a BP of 145/90 when I'm usually 125/85 just isn't worth it at this point. I like the idea of not developing heart disease, PVD, or CKD and my time spent in the gym is in service of that.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    I mean worst case scenario a little amlodipine never killed anyone, lol

Maybe this has been covered…

One of my staff got it a few weeks ago. I went on vacation just after that and he works in a different office than me, so didn’t get to catch up with him until earlier this week.

He said they gave him paxlovid (apparently his symptoms go so bad he went to either the ER or a walk-in, not entirely sure) and he said it gave him crazy nightmares and ultimately borderline suicidal thoughts. Said he couldn’t find any mention of this on the various warning labels, etc.

Is that a thing? Something documented?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    A friend that I work with left work last Tuesday, went to the gym and then went home and it hit him like a semi. Fever 102-104 no energy etc. A few days later GI issues hit and he has not kept anything up or down for several days. Finally gave up on Wednesday and went to hospital and was admitted. Just got a text from him saying nothing has changed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

One of my staff got it a few weeks ago. I went on vacation just after that and he works in a different office than me, so didn’t get to catch up with him until earlier this week.

He said they gave him paxlovid (apparently his symptoms go so bad he went to either the ER or a walk-in, not entirely sure) and he said it gave him crazy nightmares and ultimately borderline suicidal thoughts. Said he couldn’t find any mention of this on the various warning labels, etc.

Not sure about Paxlovid, but crazy ass fever dreams were definitely something I read people reporting about having covid when all theis was new. Suicidal thought though is something I haven’t seen.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

I managed to avoid covid until recently. Now I've tested positive with rebound covid just a few days after my first bout. I took paxlovid the first bout and did have some messed up dreams. But I also had some real weird ones during the rebound covid when I had a high fever. So I think it was the fever. First go around my fever peaked around 103. I'm more interested in the link between paxlovid and rebound covid. I was so miserable I just took whatever they would give me and didn't do any research.

Not gonna lie it's been much worse than I thought it would be. The fatigue has been unreal. Fatigue, fever, body aches have been my main symptoms. With the rebound covid I had all the same symptoms plus cough and congestion. The fatigue has been rough again and was nearly as bad at it's peak but the extreme fatigue hasn't lasted as long.

The rebound covid things is crazy to me. It came back 10 days after my first symptoms appeared. I had a 2-3 day break before all my symptoms came back. By break I mean the extreme fatigue and fever were gone but I still was feeling maybe 75% of normal energy and then bam everything came back.

Anyone else experienced rebound covid after paxlovid?

User Tag List