Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Covid Experiences

Site Supporter
    I'm over it after 5 days of mild symptoms. Just some lingering tiredness and sniffles. Unfortunately, Wife tested positive yesterday. Very mild symptoms, thankfully. Sinus drainage and slight body aches, no fever. 2 ibuprofen fixes everything except the sinuses. Hoping not to get it back from her
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    The whole family caught Covid in DEC 20, my wife had the body aches and a couple of days she was up and going again. Our son caught it, mild fever and that was it. M-inlaw caught it, got pretty bad but she got the infusions. I ended up in the ER and being sent home on O2. Basically nothing we can do you can croak here or go home and croak, not enough beds were available at that time.
    3 weeks later, I recovered.
    Fast forward to this last week, My wife is vaxxed and double boosted, for her work. She has been very ill with another round of Covid. She went to the Dr, they gave her Plaxovid and an inhaler.

I caught it and the only thing bothering me is drainage, like a sinus infection. I never went to the dr this time. My O2 levels have remained in the upper 90s, like 98 and 99 the whole time. I am completely unvaxxed, other than I had it the first go round really bad, I think natural immunity is or can be a good thing.

Has there been any data that really points to the Vax and boosters weakening the immune system?
    Depends on what you consider weakened and what you consider data I guess.

After being vaxxed up and boosted I have noticed no more illness in the ensuing years than I usually get (seasonal cold, sinus infections, flu etc).

I've had COVID following vaccination and have seen patients who were vaccinated in the COVID ICU a while ago (though none anymore) and while it was certainly unpleasant, I avoided the effects I hoped to avoid (hypoxia, DVTs, PEs and massive spikes of inflammatory markers) and recovered within a week.

It unfortunately eliminated my ability to consume any and all alcohol without nearly instantaneous nausea and headache. I call it the "immediate hangover effect." But I've always been a go getter. Why wait for tomorrow's misery when I can have it today?

Aside from that, I found my maxes on all of my lifts has increased starkly, my cardio got better, my shooting improved and my ability to satisfy women jumped exponentially.

Sample size of one of course...and maybe I can't attribute that all to the vaccine...but if I were a case study I'd make a damn convincing reason to get the COVID shot [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Depends on what you consider weakened and what you consider data I guess.

Aside from that, I found my maxes on all of my lifts has increased starkly, my cardio got better, my shooting improved and my ability to satisfy women jumped exponentially.
    #awesome
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    Has there been any data that really points to the Vax and boosters weakening the immune system?
    Yes.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35659687/

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Wife tested positive for COVID and the flu seven days ago and is just now feeling like herself. She's a nurse and has had the COVID vaccine / booster and flu vaccine.

I tested positive for COVID + flu four days ago. Fever, fatigue, cough, nausea, and my sinuses felt like they were on fire. It kind of came in waves - felt alright one moment and then sick as a dog the next moment.

Tamiflu and prescription-strength cough syrup helped. I haven't felt too bad today. I've also had vaccines / boosters.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Why not post the actual study that comment was regarding?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...089-7/fulltext

Weird that guy says: "As a safety measure, further booster vaccinations should be discontinued." yet the actual study he was commenting on says: "The results strengthen the evidence-based rationale for administration of a third vaccine dose as a booster."

Quote Originally Posted by karandom View Post

Weird that guy says: "As a safety measure, further booster vaccinations should be discontinued." yet the actual study he was commenting on says: "The results strengthen the evidence-based rationale for administration of a third vaccine dose as a booster."
    Disclaimer- I know nothing about the credibility of this website:

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...on-hodgetwins/

Site Supporter

Covid Experiences

Quote Originally Posted by karandom View Post

Thank you for the link.

The abstract I linked included not only a link to the Lancet study, but also links to 18 other articles.

Turning to the Lancet study, look at Fig. 2. It does appear to show that effectiveness of the vaccines dips below zero. The margin of error just happens to include zero, allowing one to say that it might not be negative.

Having now read the Lancet study as well as a couple of the other cited sources, there is no misrepresentation in the source I cited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Getting this "experiences" thread back on track......

I'm thankfully over it, except for not completely back to normal on stamina. Had a good gym session yesterday but dropped weight on everything intentionally so as not to over do it. Early to bed last night as well.

On Day 5 of having symptoms, Wife is improving slowly. She lost her taste and smell last night, remains gone today, which seems oddly late in the process... Otherwise, down to just sinus stuff for her. Never ran a fever, mild body aches only the first 2 days and cured with ibuprofen, which she has not needed the past 48 hrs.

Anyone else lose taste/smell so late in the process?

Sorry to be 'that Guy', but I feel great. Full recovery 5 days after first symptoms. I've had worse colds, and my 2nd Moderna vax was close to this bad.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List