Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Experiences

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I managed to avoid covid until recently. Now I've tested positive with rebound covid just a few days after my first bout. I took paxlovid the first bout and did have some messed up dreams. But I also had some real weird ones during the rebound covid when I had a high fever. So I think it was the fever. First go around my fever peaked around 103. I'm more interested in the link between paxlovid and rebound covid. I was so miserable I just took whatever they would give me and didn't do any research.

Not gonna lie it's been much worse than I thought it would be. The fatigue has been unreal. Fatigue, fever, body aches have been my main symptoms. With the rebound covid I had all the same symptoms plus cough and congestion. The fatigue has been rough again and was nearly as bad at it's peak but the extreme fatigue hasn't lasted as long.

The rebound covid things is crazy to me. It came back 10 days after my first symptoms appeared. I had a 2-3 day break before all my symptoms came back. By break I mean the extreme fatigue and fever were gone but I still was feeling maybe 75% of normal energy and then bam everything came back.

Anyone else experienced rebound covid after paxlovid?
    Not in any way being judgy.... Vaccinated?

Even POTUS got rebound after Paxlovid, and he's fully vaxxed.

Thankfully my symptoms are almost gone on day 5. Still some headache and mild body ache but haven't needed any NSAIDs for temperature today. Never got higher than 99. Tested positive again this morning using a home test. Took less than 2 minutes for a strong positive line to show up. .. Planning to lay low for the weekend and avoid my wife, since she is the only one in the house (5 of us) who has not had covid yet.... The other 3 (besides me) have all had it in April, May and June... All of us vaxxed.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Vending Machine Operator
    I somehow dodged COVID for all of 2020 and 2021, and half of 2022, while working in a courthouse - and my significant other working at a hospital. I had the first two vaccines in Feb and March 2021 and the booster in November 2021. Boosters are supposed to last about 6 months and...yep, that's pretty accurate, because I was a month or two past that.

Felt tired and crummy on Friday, July 15. By Sunday, July 17 I was running a 101-102 fever and feeling like death. Tested positive on a rapid test. I missed that entire week of work (never missed more than 2 days before). Consistent high fever, sweatiness, cough, mucous production, just a very gross experience. I had to use cold packs from the freezer, cold showers, lots of cold water and Bodyarmor/Gatorade, it really did feel like I had to constantly be at battle with it. Totally screwed my billing hours for July but luckily my boss is cool.

I've been back at work since Monday the 25th but I'm not better yet. I'm like 1% better every day but I have a persistent cough that has refused to go all the way away, I am taking heavy duty cough suppression meds often still. Fortunately in the last few days it has finally slacked off a bit and I have my voice mostly back.

Overall, was a heavily unpleasant experience. I won't say I agree with how the government handled everything, but it's nonsense that it's "just a flu" - I've never had a flu give me symptoms longer than 2-3 days. This junk was ferocious.

On the positive side, it never messed with my smell or taste, and I'm a huge foodie and cook so that was a relief.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I caught it the last weekend in June. Apparently from someone at work.

I didn't feel "right" on Friday night but I didn't actually become noticeably symptomatic until Sunday. Tested positive on Monday (PCR). Coughing and bad headache on Sunday and Monday but felt noticeably better afterwards. Had a lingering random cough the first week in July but felt mostly normal. It was just like a bad cold. I have been a lot sicker before. I only used a half a bottle of Nyquil. Did feel more tired than normal. I have had Pfizer and a Pfizer booster in December of last year.

Wife caught it from me and was pretty sick. Developed a chest infection and cracked a rib due to coughing. Then wound up with Strep Throat right after that. She had the Moderna and 1 booster also in December.

This is my wife's 2nd for sure and possibly 3rd time with Covid.

I was never symptomatic if exposed the 1st time or potential 2nd time she had it. I gave it to her the 3rd time. I also had no reaction to the vaccine other than it feeling like someone "frogged" my arm for a couple of days. My wife felt worse the day after the vaccine than she did when she had Covid.

Strangely enough I lost my sense of smell after had no more symptoms. Just gone. Couldn't smell a thing, everything smelled "blank". Normally I have a super sensitive sense of smell and my wife (who doesn't) commented that she could smell a skunk while we were walking the dog. I couldn't, so when we got home I opened a jar of Vicks Vapor Rub and took a big whiff. Scorched my nose but I couldn't smell it at all. It has been getting noticeably better since then.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Not in any way being judgy.... Vaccinated?

Even POTUS got rebound after Paxlovid, and he's fully vaxxed.

Thankfully my symptoms are almost gone on day 5. Still some headache and mild body ache but haven't needed any NSAIDs for temperature today. Never got higher than 99. Tested positive again this morning using a home test. Took less than 2 minutes for a strong positive line to show up. .. Planning to lay low for the weekend and avoid my wife, since she is the only one in the house (5 of us) who has not had covid yet.... The other 3 (besides me) have all had it in April, May and June... All of us vaxxed.
    Vaccinated and boosted. Booster was in 12/21.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    That makes sense. Ultimately I decided to drop creatine from my daily supplement routine. The strength I gained while on it seems to have stuck around but a BP of 145/90 when I'm usually 125/85 just isn't worth it at this point. I like the idea of not developing heart disease, PVD, or CKD and my time spent in the gym is in service of that.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    I don't have a ton of personal experience with creatine, and there is no good science showing any downsides to extended use, but I've always thought cycling it makes sense for strength/strength-endurance.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Site Supporter
    Vaccinated and boosted. Booster was in 12/21.
    Leads me to wonder.....

- What percentage of fully vaxxed people require Paxlovid or hospitalization after later contracting Covid?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

There are lots of Paxlovid thoughts in this Daily Mail article from last weekend.

When Paxlovid came to market in December 2021, studies from Pfizer indicated that only 1-2 percent of patients who took the drug tested positive for Covid again shortly after finishing their dosage.

But other experts say the rapid reinfection rate is closer to 40 per cent, and that Paxlovid can cause this issue by suppressing patients' immune systems too early, meaning their own bodies are unable to get a handle on COVID.

Dr. Jonathan Reiner, a prominent cardiologist and professor of medicine and surgery at George Washington University Hospital tweeted: 'I think this was predictable.'

He continued: 'The prior data suggesting 'rebound' Paxlovid positivity in the low single digits is outdates [sic] and with BA.5 is likely 20-40% or even higher.'
    About taking Paxlovid or not?

Speaking to the Atlantic, Bob Wachter, the chair of medicine at the University of California San Francisco, said that deciding whether or not give Paxlovid to certain patients is a 'massively complicated three-dimensional chess game.'

Wachter also said: 'I can barely decide whether want it, and I do this for a living.'

While Dr. David Boulware of the University of Minnesota told the magazine that he wants Pfizer to release more in depth study data.

He said that the data released so far by Pfizer 'suggest that there’s really minimal to no benefit, most likely, for the vast majority of people.'
    Fauci took a second course of Paxlovid for his rebound infection, while Biden is not taking the second course.

I just had at least a second go-round with COVID at the end of July. I know I had it in January 2022 and suspect our family had it towards the end of 2019, but we weren't looking for COVID in the US at the time. This bout was far milder than the last one. I had a slight fever (peaked at 100) for three days, annoying congestion, brief loss of smell, and fatigue. Much less fatigue and brain fog than last time, and for a shorter period. The congestion stuck around for about a week. There were two odd symptoms that I don't remember from last time. First, I was having to urinate more than once per hour for the first two days, which is not normal for me and there were not any changes in my diet that would have led me to expect a change. That and the congestion made it difficult to sleep more than 30 minutes at a time for a couple of days. Second, my blood pressure was 170/109 and my pulse was hovering around 90 the day after my fever went away. I am not sure what it was before that because I didn't check it until that day. I am normally around 105/65 with a resting heart rate in the low 60's. My cheap oximeter stayed around 98% throughout, which is what it has always read for me. I knew we had been exposed and started taking zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D two days before symptoms started. I alternated between acetaminophen and ibuprofen for the fever.

I'm 41, 5"11, ~170lbs with a decent workout routine and diet, and no history of health issues. No COVID vaccines or boosters. Just old-fashioned inoculation. Pre COVID, my family and I just didn't get sick. I could count on one hand the number of times anyone has had to stay home due to illness (with the exception of when the kids started school - they all got sick in the first couple of months, but then were good to go). We have all been sick with this crap every year since 2020. We're up to twice in 2022.

I managed to avoid covid until recently. Now I've tested positive with rebound covid just a few days after my first bout. I took paxlovid the first bout and did have some messed up dreams. But I also had some real weird ones during the rebound covid when I had a high fever. So I think it was the fever. First go around my fever peaked around 103. I'm more interested in the link between paxlovid and rebound covid. I was so miserable I just took whatever they would give me and didn't do any research.

Not gonna lie it's been much worse than I thought it would be. The fatigue has been unreal. Fatigue, fever, body aches have been my main symptoms. With the rebound covid I had all the same symptoms plus cough and congestion. The fatigue has been rough again and was nearly as bad at it's peak but the extreme fatigue hasn't lasted as long.

The rebound covid things is crazy to me. It came back 10 days after my first symptoms appeared. I had a 2-3 day break before all my symptoms came back. By break I mean the extreme fatigue and fever were gone but I still was feeling maybe 75% of normal energy and then bam everything came back.

Anyone else experienced rebound covid after paxlovid?
    Rebound after Paxlovid here, too. Fully vaxxed, double boostered.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

The whole family caught Covid in DEC 20, my wife had the body aches and a couple of days she was up and going again. Our son caught it, mild fever and that was it. M-inlaw caught it, got pretty bad but she got the infusions. I ended up in the ER and being sent home on O2. Basically nothing we can do you can croak here or go home and croak, not enough beds were available at that time.
    3 weeks later, I recovered.
    Fast forward to this last week, My wife is vaxxed and double boosted, for her work. She has been very ill with another round of Covid. She went to the Dr, they gave her Plaxovid and an inhaler.

I caught it and the only thing bothering me is drainage, like a sinus infection. I never went to the dr this time. My O2 levels have remained in the upper 90s, like 98 and 99 the whole time. I am completely unvaxxed, other than I had it the first go round really bad, I think natural immunity is or can be a good thing.

Has there been any data that really points to the Vax and boosters weakening the immune system?

User Tag List