Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Experiences

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    What is her blood type?

I ask because my wife and her best friend, both O POS, lived in houses with kids/spouses who tested positive and never got it. They did not quarantine from the kids whatsoever.

My son slept in bed with us EVERY NIGHT! It seemed like allergies were kicking in for me and I didn't think anything of it. When I lost my sense of taste/smell, I knew I was hosed and went to get a test. After I tested positive, I slept in a different room but didn't really quarantine from my wife during the day, she figured she had it as well. The first days after I thought it was allergies we continued to kiss/etc... and she still never got it. She took multiple tests at a clinic, we did not have access to home tests. Always negative.

Not a doctor or work in this field, but it seemed weird and almost impossible for her not to catch it. And then to hear her friend had the same thing happen with the same blood type.

Who knows??? Hope you and your family get through this safely.

My wife is O Pos, but so am I and so is my whole family.

My wife having the symptoms I have makes me think it’s almost impossible for her not to have it.

Breathing exercises, vitamins, the meds no one likes lol, hydration, rest, moving around, having a good spirit, and praying to God (I ask for Gods help but I’m not so arrogant as to think He loves me more than the next guy....don’t want it to come off that way) has been my prescription so far. My family doc called me in a antibiotic and steroid. I coughed a small amount of stuff up and my wife said she heard one or two rough spots in my lungs. Nothing too major so far.

Covid Experiences

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

The most annoying part so far is the fever goes away and comes back and goes away and comes back.

That's what mine was. First evening temp went to 39.8 for a couple hours then normal later in the evening. Second evening went to around 39.5 then back to normal later in the evening. Each time lasting 2-3 hours. Then done! Aside from a slightly runny nose for day 3 into day 4 that was my exposure to Delta

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    That's what mine was. First evening temp went to 39.8 for a couple hours then normal later in the evening. Second evening went to around 39.5 then back to normal later in the evening. Each time lasting 2-3 hours. Then done! Aside from a slightly runny nose for day 3 into day 4 that was my exposure to Delta

Yea my fever was 101 this morning, 98 during the day, now 99.6. This day 4 or 5 for me with fever. Sunday was the only day of mostly fever but this is odd from my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Yea my fever was 101 this morning, 98 during the day, now 99.6. This day 4 or 5 for me with fever. Sunday was the only day of mostly fever but this is odd from my experience.
    It is odd. My first symptom on the first day was slight soreness..... entire body. The next two days just the slight temp in the evening. Then the runny nose. Symptoms came one at a time. But overall I felt like I could go and play a game of catch. In fact since my parents were also sick we cooked thanksgiving dinner and I pigged out a bit. Im the only person I know that actually gained weight while sick. 10lbs! [emoji3525]. Went from 203 to 213 and months later still can't loose it

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    It is odd. My first symptom on the first day was slight soreness..... entire body. The next two days just the slight temp in the evening. Then the runny nose. Symptoms came one at a time. But overall I felt like I could go and play a game of catch. In fact since my parents were also sick we cooked thanksgiving dinner and I pigged out a bit. Im the only person I know that actually gained weight while sick. 10lbs! [emoji3525]. Went from 203 to 213 and months later still can't loose it

My fever would come and go for eight days with both go-rounds with COVID. It’s frustrating to start getting back to work only to get put down again. And I say that knowing many others had, and are having, a much harder time. I’m just empathizing with you. As someone who just doesn’t get sick, this one was different. My wife and I still have consistent drainage one month later, though our sense of smell seems to be pretty much back to normal.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    My fever would come and go for eight days with both go-rounds with COVID. It’s frustrating to start getting back to work only to get put down again. And I say that knowing many others had, and are having, a much harder time. I’m just empathizing with you. As someone who just doesn’t get sick, this one was different. My wife and I still have consistent drainage one month later, though our sense of smell seems to be pretty much back to normal.

I’m on day five, and so far I haven’t lost sense of smell or taste. Woke up around 0530 with 99.6, ate my ibuprofen/Tylenol, meds and vitamins, went back to bed, woke up around 0900 chilled and soaked in sweat with a temp of 98. Right now I feel pretty great.

Cough is worse when I first wake up, but it’s not that bad and there is no real consistency to it. This is either one of the odder sicknesses I’ve ever had, or I’m just more hyper aware.

My energy level feels better right now, but we will see how it goes as the day progresses.

Sunday was the worst day, like I said, I couldn’t get warm. I knew I was feeling better that night when all of a sudden I was sweaty and hot, and going my temp had dropped some.

Recently had my first real travel in over two years. Flew New York to San Francisco, 24 hour layover, then flew to Hawaii for week-long work event. Masked up on planes, of course, and indoors, most of the social functions were outside and unmasked. Part of a party of four, all vaxxed and boosted, three Pfizer, one Moderna. To get into Hawaii you had to show proof of vaccine or recent negative Covid test.

I didn't think there was anyway we wouldn't get Omicron but a week later we are all symptom-free and continue to test negative.

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    I just realized I wrote fever temperature in Celsius. I use an ancient thermometer and just got used to saying it like everyone knows.
    To translate that into fahrenheit.....the first evening of the fever, it maxed out at 100. The second evening 99.5. so basically low grade for two days a few hours each day.

My mom, 63, normal height/weight, no medical prescriptions, active, unvaccinated, had basically the same symptoms as I only she had fatigue for a few days and a distorted sense of smell. Anything pork smelled like shit and made her nauseous.

My dad 66, avg size/overweight lots of life long co morbidities and lots of long term prescriptions, pace maker, nitro,.... list is a mile long. Had mRNA in March, no boosters. His symptoms were just a week long low grade fever that came and went.

No to take anything away from others who have had a hard time but I think it's important to show both sides because all it ever looks and sounds like is covid is a death sentence.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    @Clusterfrack

That could not have been a simple/fast split.

Thanks for taking on the work involved.

Name:  tiphat.gif
Views: 273
Size:  2.7 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List