Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Experiences

Site Supporter
    The urination comments are interesting.
    The last 3 or 4 days of vacation I had a feeling of pressure on my bladder.
    Not usual for me.

2 hours after ibuprofen I'm feeling pretty good. Like the day after a hard gym session. Just trying to not spread it, otherwise ok.

ETA... Bladder pressure is gone as of yesterday. FWIW
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 08-03-2022 at 08:21 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I remember my bout with something in Spring - 2 negative home tests, I had two days of urinating every hour or twice an hour. I remember it being weird.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Seem plausible that the virus has some ACE inhibitor activity? The high frequency pissing also happened to a buddy who got Covid recently.
    I don't think there is any solid evidence to support this. Can't comment on your bladder habits but I don't think it was strictly due to the virus ...

Just about everyone I know has had Covid including relatives and neighbors. So far I don't think my wife and I have had it, but we mask up when we're out in public. We've only been tested once when it was killing lots of people 2 years ago. But one can't know unless tested. So far we haven't been able to control it but have been able to minimize it's severity.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I don't think there is any solid evidence to support this. Can't comment on your bladder habits but I don't think it was strictly due to the virus ...
    All back to normal now. Maybe it was just a lot of potato chips and beer?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Went to an obstacle course with around 40 people. I performed outstanding. Started feeling something in my chest after.

Not vaccinated. Had covid Sept 2021 and got monoclonals. This time I could tell it was covid after a bad night. 2 negative home tests, but was positive at a clinic. 101.7 fever, restless disturbed sleep, fatigue, soreness. Quarantined from my wife and kid for 5 days. I'm back to work but fighting fatigue.

The first time was rough. I was never hospitalized but was incredibly fatigued for 3 weeks. A walk to the fridge put me down for hours. I woke up with my heart beating really odd, and seriously wondered if it would kill me. I think I managed to start pneumonia (something I've had before). Monoclonals really helped me turn it around. Took a long time to get my wind back. Cough lasted months.

This time was shorter lived, but i have a lingering cough and am tired. I'm waiting a full week after being released from quarantine to get back to my airbike workout every morning.

Site Supporter
    Trying to figure out where I got it, I'm realizing I had some nasal congestion and a drip on Saturday. Sunday was very slightly worse and the body arches started on Monday in earnest. I attributed those to a slip I took on a slick boat ramp Friday. Having had chills overnight Tuesday I got worried about Covid for the first time.

So.. Today is either the 4th or 5th day of symptoms?

NSAIDS have knocked out the slight fever (99) and the aches are gone. Still have a pretty good headache though. Only real worry currently is that my resting pulse is in the mid to upper 80s, normal is low 60s. O2 remains in the mid 90s which is consistent with readings on this device all along..

I've noticed that a few things tasted different for a few days, mostly sweet things. But, seems back to normal today. No noticeable changes to smells.

Fingers crossed that I'll be rid of this by the end of the weekend.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    All back to normal now. Maybe it was just a lot of potato chips and beer?
    Or observers bias or any number of things. potato chips and beer sounds like a tasty home remedy for COVID though

And pork rinds, in case the chips don't work.
    Also provides protection from swine flu. 😜
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Went to an obstacle course with around 40 people. I performed outstanding. Started feeling something in my chest after.

Not vaccinated. Had covid Sept 2021 and got monoclonals. This time I could tell it was covid after a bad night. 2 negative home tests, but was positive at a clinic. 101.7 fever, restless disturbed sleep, fatigue, soreness. Quarantined from my wife and kid for 5 days. I'm back to work but fighting fatigue.

The first time was rough. I was never hospitalized but was incredibly fatigued for 3 weeks. A walk to the fridge put me down for hours. I woke up with my heart beating really odd, and seriously wondered if it would kill me. I think I managed to start pneumonia (something I've had before). Monoclonals really helped me turn it around. Took a long time to get my wind back. Cough lasted months.

This time was shorter lived, but i have a lingering cough and am tired. I'm waiting a full week after being released from quarantine to get back to my airbike workout every morning.
    Back in Nov my family got Delta. Only my dad was vaxx'd (no boosters after the initial 2 doses last March). Both my parents said they felt tired. They wouldn't get winded but would feel tired and sleepy. Like working a long hard day. Tested positive for about a week and another few days - week for the tiredness symptoms to go away. My mom had a serious issue with the smell of pork. She said she could smell it even a few days later if something else was cooked in the same microwave/stove/skillet. Scented candles had to be lit practically all day

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

User Tag List