Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Experiences

Site Supporter
    Sore throat leaves, mostly dry cough arrives.

Fever staying low to non existent. I’m taking Tylenol and ibuprofen every 12 hours now (vs every 4-6) and my temperature gets to 98.9 before I take the next dose. 98.9 is not fever but it’s a bit high for me and is generally on its way to fever.

So far it’s still not as bad for me as the swine flu or stomach bugs, but it’s worse than when I had flu in 2020.

Site Supporter
    Just read this, best wishes and hopes for you and yours!

Site Supporter
    So my Covid experience is not all that remarkable, and probably pretty normal. I’m posting out of boredom, maybe it can help someone, just in case I’m missing any warning signs of something more serious, and it keeps me focused on something besides being stuck at home.

You know you’re getting bored when you’re excited about taking your wife to get another Covid test, and you don’t want to shower and shave in the morning because you want something to make your afternoon a little more exciting.

It’s times like this when I wished I liked to watch TV and movies.

My wife tested positive (1Hr PCR test) on Christmas morning. She had a fever, wicked sore throat, barking cough and congested sinuses. The Doc used the test he did due to her previous cancer diagnosis and because she was only a few weeks out from 25 days of radiation. It took her the entire month of January and a couple days into Feb before her sinuses finally opened up.

I did not isolate. I slept in the bed next to her. We had 5 kids in the house, 4 ours and one guest, my son and his girlfriend came from California for Christmas. A few evenings before Christmas my wife got a phone call. Her hair dresser who had done her hair the day before had tested positive and called to tell her.

Within a few days of Christmas 4 more of us in the house developed the exact same symptoms my wife had. I being the one in closest contact got tested - Negative on a rapid antigen test. My oldest daughter appeared to have a robust case. At this time getting tested was difficult the centers were overwhelmed. My neighbor had 2 home tests and he gave me one. My daughter tested positive on the home kit. Now we had 2 people in the house positive.

I found a testing center 45 minutes from home and the first opening was 4 days out and at 21:30. After registering online I saw you could add people to the appointment. I added my youngest daughter & son. Come the day of the test my daughter said, "I'm too sick to go out. It's obvious I have it. I have all the symptoms mom and sis have. There is no point in me going". My son was not as sick but had the symptoms. I had the symptoms too. I got everyone to go and we all tested NEGATIVE. I pretty much lost faith in the testing process and will not waste my time again.

My youngest son got another Covid test at his doctor's office along with a rapid strep test due to his wicked sore throat. Negative on both. He did that because he was about to ship off to Boot Camp.

The two people in my house who never developed symptoms were my son and his girlfriend from California. She shared a room with my younger daughter and my two sons slept in their old room in their bunk beds. Both my older son and his girlfriend were unvaccinated. Everyone else in the house had Pfizer X2 and were un-boosted.

I now suspect I have had Covid-19 twice. Christmas 2019 into Jan 1, 2020 I was sick as a dog with flu like symptoms. Shortly thereafter Covid was "discovered" and then determined to was probably around as early as November 2019 or earlier. Then this past Christmas the latest variant. I heard many cases of people needing three+ tests to get a positive or negative nasal swabs but a positive throat swab. Either way I don't know for sure but I do fell strongly I had it.
    Last edited by JohnO; 02-10-2022 at 10:08 AM.

Site Supporter
    We've got a couple of house dogs. We keep dry food out for them to eat as much as they want, when they want. Once a day I give them their "Treat" which is a portion of canned dog food.
    A couple of months back, one of them stopped eating his treat. I'd put him outside with a bowl and he would take no more than a bite. I'd put it in the refrigerator and try again the next day. This went on for a couple of weeks before he started eating his treat again.
    That's about the time the wife and I both came down with Covid. We both lost most of our senses of taste and smell. That was just after Christmas and we still don't have it back completely. Lordy I miss the taste of coffee. Then it finally occurred to me that the reason the dog would only take a bite from his treat may have been that he couldn't smell or taste it. I never had him tested, but I'm convinced he had Covid.
    I didn't notice him acting like he felt bad, but as they mostly lay around a sleep all day anyway I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    My wife tested positive (1Hr PCR test) on Christmas morning. She had a fever, wicked sore throat, barking cough and congested sinuses. The Doc used the test he did due to her previous cancer diagnosis and because she was only a few weeks out from 25 days of radiation. It took her the entire month of January and a couple days into Feb before her sinuses finally opened up.

I did not isolate. I slept in the bed next to her. We had 5 kids in the house, 4 ours and one guest, my son and his girlfriend came from California for Christmas. A few evenings before Christmas my wife got a phone call. Her hair dresser who had done her hair the day before had tested positive and called to tell her.

Within a few days of Christmas 4 more of us in the house developed the exact same symptoms my wife had. I being the one in closest contact got tested - Negative on a rapid antigen test. My oldest daughter appeared to have a robust case. At this time getting tested was difficult the centers were overwhelmed. My neighbor had 2 home tests and he gave me one. My daughter tested positive on the home kit. Now we had 2 people in the house positive.

I found a testing center 45 minutes from home and the first opening was 4 days out and at 21:30. After registering online I saw you could add people to the appointment. I added my youngest daughter & son. Come the day of the test my daughter said, "I'm too sick to go out. It's obvious I have it. I have all the symptoms mom and sis have. There is no point in me going". My son was not as sick but had the symptoms. I had the symptoms too. I got everyone to go and we all tested NEGATIVE. I pretty much lost faith in the testing process and will not waste my time again.

My youngest son got another Covid test at his doctor's office along with a rapid strep test due to his wicked sore throat. Negative on both. He did that because he was about to ship off to Boot Camp.

The two people in my house who never developed symptoms were my son and his girlfriend from California. She shared a room with my younger daughter and my two sons slept in their old room in their bunk beds. Both my older son and his girlfriend were unvaccinated. Everyone else in the house had Pfizer X2 and were un-boosted.

I now suspect I have had Covid-19 twice. Christmas 2019 into Jan 1, 2020 I was sick as a dog with flu like symptoms. Shortly thereafter Covid was "discovered" and then determined to was probably around as early as November 2019 or earlier. Then this past Christmas the latest variant. I heard many cases of people needing three+ tests to get a positive or negative nasal swabs but a positive throat swab. Either way I don't know for sure but I do fell strongly I had it.

Everybody recover well?

Guess I have sundowners fever. Wake up with very mild fever, it returns in the evenings mild.

The cough is at its worst today, dry and largely unproductive. Oxygen and vitals are fine but cough is annoying. My wife says my lungs sound better today than yesterday.

Cleaned up my parents yard, played with the dog, did a few dishes and now I’m not exactly spent, but I don’t have a lot of energy for much else.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Everybody recover well?
    Yes with a caveat. My wife has been through the ringer since June with her breast cancer diagnosis. Her most recent surgery was this past Sunday. Having Covid not long after 25 days of radiation plus during the holidays was more than she needed. At two or three weeks into January and still having congested sinuses her Doc suspected a sinus infection and put her on antibiotics. That helped.

This week she is at home taking it easy trying to recover from all of the above but primarily Sunday's surgery.

FYI for the record both my wife and oldest daughter have blood type. O Pos.

Contributing my sample size of 3 infections to the cause.

We picked it up from visiting my wife's family. Her dad drove us home from the airport and ate lunch with us and ended up testing positive later in the day.

FIL: early 60's, vaxxed and recently boosted with Moderna and a cancer survivor (decade plus removed). He had very minor sniffles which we noticed after a few hours and thankfully had some tests around and popped positive. He wouldn't have noticed but the wife is a doctor so more attuned to the symptoms and had him take a test as there is an 95 year old grandma in the area we are trying to be extra vigilant with. Nothing more then a mild cold or what he described as feeling like seasonal allergies. Wouldn't have even noticed if we didn't say anything. Resolved within a few days, no issues.

Wife: 32, vaxxed and boosted with Pfizer. Starting feeling sick a few days after we got home and tested positive immediately. Got hit with really bad fatigue for 2 days then a few days of cold symptoms, but better inside of a week.

Me, 34 vaxxed and boosted with Pfizer. Assumed I would have caught from FIL, so didn't bother isolating. Was fine for over a week after wife tested positive and finally stated to feel sick. Really bad sore throat for 2 days with congestion. Sore throat cleared after the bad 2 days, had 2 more days of congestion then, but was otherwise fine. I've had worse colds by a long shot.

A few takeaways. Wife and FIL tested positive as soon as they felt bad. I knew I wasn't feeling well for a few days until I showed a positive hit. I now look at the testing as a means to confirm Covid infection rather then definitely ruling out while feeling sick. Wife was hit the worst with a few days of mild fatigue. Her dad was barley touch and I had 2 days of feeling like crap, but otherwise super mild. None of us had fevers. Glad to have been vaxxed and have Covid behind us at least for the short term.

Our boy brought us a case home from school a few weeks ago. All of us have been vaxed, and my wife and boy had boosters but I hadn't had time to get mine yet. The kiddo basically had the sniffles for a couple days, maybe a 99 fever. The wife and I had basically what amounts to a mild head cold, some coughing but not bad, fevers around 99-100. Mine lasted about three or four days of active symptoms, then my fever just went away and the cough started to fade with it, though it did linger for about a week as it decreased in frequency. My wife had similar active symptoms but kept the fever for about three weeks, right at 99.

All in all, the least annoying illness I've dealt with in the past month. I had some kind of god-awful flu-like thingy over Christmas that was just brutal. Incredible fatigue, to the point that it took a major effort of will just to reach over and grab a water bottle off the coffee table next to the couch where I was crashed. Nasty body aches, every joint in my body felt like it needed to crack/pop, but doing so was excruciating. Fever of 104 or more. The smell of food made me nauseous. Lasted 3 days, then basically went away and left me to recover. Tested negative for covid on that one, much to my surprise.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

My wife and I both had covid January 13th of this year.
    Both 58. Both vaxxed, her Phyzer, me Moderna. No boosters.
    She's in absolute great condition and has a slender build.
    I'm slightly overweight, diabeetus, high BP.
    She tested positive, and I, negative.
    Both the very same symptoms 3 days apart :
    Fever, malaise, cough, headaches, very stuffed sinus.

Mine continued to be heavy in the chest, the continued cough, where hers was body pain and a head cold.

As we came through it, she had taste reactions to anything vinegar based... Ketchup, salad dressing, balsamic...
    For me, it was milk products.... To the point where I now can only do oatmilk.
    We both had the nausea.... Even now, it'll come on, that lower jaw feeling, be there for about 5 minutes and then it's gone.
    Heidi is still very tired, but I seem like I'm not, except for working each day outdoors.
    It bizarre how it effects people differently.

Blessings and Prayers @Newbie.

Chris
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List