Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Covid Experiences

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Sorry to be 'that Guy', but I feel great. Full recovery 5 days after first symptoms. I've had worse colds, and my 2nd Moderna vax was close to this bad.
    No need for apologies for having good outcomes!!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Thank you for the link.

The abstract I linked included not only a link to the Lancet study, but also links to 18 other articles.

Turning to the Lancet study, look at Fig. 2. It does appear to show that effectiveness of the vaccines dips below zero. The margin of error just happens to include zero, allowing one to say that it might not be negative.

Having now read the Lancet study as well as a couple of the other cited sources, there is no misrepresentation in the source I cited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regarding Fig. 2 in the Lancet paper: in the 1980/90s some HIV vaccine studies reported that participants in the study contracted HIV at a greater than expected rate, including participants in the control arms. Turns out that people assumed they got an effective vaccine and consequently engaged in increased levels of risky behavior. This effect was term "disinhibition."

The data shown in Fig 2 could very well be the be the same thing. I know that I am certainly not nearly as cautious as I was before I was vaccinated. If I'd kept my kids out of school last year, it's unlikely that my daughter would have been infected last January. She didn't get sick because of the vaccine, but she did return to school because of the vaccine. What constitutes "risky" behavior for respiratory viruses is a lot lower bar than for STIs.

Regardless, public health data like that are not the same thing as immune function data at the organismal level.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Turns out that people assumed they got an effective vaccine and consequently engaged in increased levels of risky behavior. This effect was term "disinhibition."
    Boom-chika-bow-wow, bathhouse mix.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Sorry to be 'that Guy', but I feel great. Full recovery 5 days after first symptoms. I've had worse colds, and my 2nd Moderna vax was close to this bad.
    Same here with my recent (first!) bout. A few days of stuffy nose and an intermittent cough (that I get with ANY URI) was it. If not for the positive test result (home and lab because I couldn't believe the home test with my symptoms), I wouldn't think I had Covid. Well, I suppose the loss of smell for a few weeks would have been a clue, but that was hardly debilitating as my sense of smell isn't the great normally. I only noticed that because I couldn't smell coffee with my nose *in* the can.

As you said, I've had much worse colds.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Getting this "experiences" thread back on track......

I'm thankfully over it, except for not completely back to normal on stamina. Had a good gym session yesterday but dropped weight on everything intentionally so as not to over do it. Early to bed last night as well.

On Day 5 of having symptoms, Wife is improving slowly. She lost her taste and smell last night, remains gone today, which seems oddly late in the process... Otherwise, down to just sinus stuff for her. Never ran a fever, mild body aches only the first 2 days and cured with ibuprofen, which she has not needed the past 48 hrs.

Anyone else lose taste/smell so late in the process?
    I had Covid for the first time about a month ago and didn't even know it for days. It started out with body aches and some congestion, feeling like I had a cold, and that was it... Temp never went above 90.2° and my home test was negative.
    It wasn't until 5 days later when I suddenly lost my smell and taste that I realized it might be Covid and another home test confirmed it. That lasted 3 days before I started tasting and smelling again. A few days after that and I was pretty much back to normal.

Symptoms started Sunday, mild to say the least. Fatigue, slight head ache, and runny nose. Had a fever monday morning (101) and took a covid test. Tested positive. This morning my congestion is much better and energy level not back to normal but not bad.

I am not vaccinated and this reminds me of a very slight cold. Had COVID last year and was sick for the same amount of time before symptoms lessened. So about 3 days and I start to mend.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I had Covid for the first time about a month ago and didn't even know it for days. It started out with body aches and some congestion, feeling like I had a cold, and that was it... Temp never went above 90.2° and my home test was negative.
    It wasn't until 5 days later when I suddenly lost my smell and taste that I realized it might be Covid and another home test confirmed it. That lasted 3 days before I started tasting and smelling again. A few days after that and I was pretty much back to normal.
    Calling @Dr_Thanatos

LOL...

Thanks for the info on the late loss of smell... made me feel better. You;re a chill guy!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Calling @Dr_Thanatos

LOL...

Thanks for the info on the late loss of smell... made me feel better. You;re a chill guy!
    LOL!... Fat fingers.

99.2°

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Wife came down with it last week. One or two days of feeling fatigued and then felt pretty good. She was driven crazy by her attempts to quarantine from the rest of the family. Older boy came down with it with a day of body aches, younger boy tested positive but had no symptoms at all. I remained negative the whole week despite being surrounded by sickos. I finally succumbed on Monday morning after a trip where I was unable to get a good nights rest which probably lowered my defenses enough to let the virus take hold. So far it just feels like the typical cold I often get in the fall. Runny nose, some congestion, slight fatigue, chills, and body aches. If we were living in different times, I’d just take some DayQuil and drive on with life as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    If we were living in different times, I’d just take some DayQuil and drive on with life as normal.
    I believe that's what a lot of people are doing now and it's probably where we are all eventually headed.

User Tag List