Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Experiences

Site Supporter
    If anyone here does not yet own a pulse oximeter, please buy one today. This $20 device, which can be purchased at any pharmacy or online, can help you spot developing lung problems early enough so that your doctor can address them before serious damage occurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    A good friend's adult son caught it. His lungs are destroyed for the most part. He cannot even walk to the bathroom. Constantly on oxygen. He has no strength. He moved back with his parents. Luckily his father is quite competent and is fighting through his insurance problems - health, employment, disability, etc. The son is on the lung transplant list. Fingers crossed for him.
    Vaxxed?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Covid Experiences

After returning from Alaska, I started having mild cold-like symptoms (runny nose, scratchy throat, fatigue, no fever).

Two rapid tests were negative. A PCR test just came in positive. I have had 2+2 Moderna vax+boosters.

The only other “interesting” symptom was excessive urinating the night before last. No UTI symptoms, so I was puzzled enough to do some digging—since the virus uses the ACE2 receptor/enzyme, which is involved in renal function through the renin-angiotensin pathways. Apparently increased pissing with no UTI is becoming a known symptom in some people. Mine is back to normal.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-03-2022 at 06:34 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Just found out I brought Covid home from vacation also.. tested positive a few minutes ago on a home test. Clear positive.

2nd day of mild symptoms. Chills last night. Mild to medium body aches, reduced with ibuprofen. Very mild cough. 99'F temp.

Trying to not give it to the family 🙄
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Our entire household came down with it in May after one came back from a west coast visitation... Ages ran from 20-89 with some vaxxed and some not. We had mostly the same symptoms and duration.
    The first day was the worst, labored breathing, head ache, tiredness and cough.
    I still had to take care of our livestock, which was absolutely grueling to do. After the first week I was able to get back to running and working out about 75% of my norm.
    89 exacerbated some already present mobility issues related to tiredness. After the second week we all experienced a minor persistent cough and some residual tiredness which lasted until about July.

Last week another house member who was unexposed due to fighting for their life in a west coast hospital (hence the visit in May) and is 8+ weeks open heart post op. Tested positive, coughed once, and got better. No reinfection at this time.

Also F*** 2022...

just adding that we were advised (and did) to take lots of Vit C,D and iron and to hydrate with sport drinks for the sugar and electrolytes. We also had some amazing neighbors handle meals and leave them on the back porch
    Last edited by Artemas2; 08-03-2022 at 07:32 PM.

At 76 y/o with 2+1 Pfizer vaccine just got over a 10 day bout with Covid. Day 1: this is worse than a cold, nose ran like a faucet and I didn't sleep well. Day 2: feels like a bad cold but the home test said Covid accompanied by a bad cough. Days 3-10 symptoms got progressively milder albeit accompanied by some fatigue. All in all no big deal.

I did a leg workout about a week after "recovery" (squats, hack squats, leg presses and such). Was sore for two days which is not usual. Subsequent workouts were fine. During Covid I did have a period of frequent urination and seemed to suffer diminished sense of taste but that has passed. I perhaps experienced a 99 deg "fever"; at no time did my O2 level drop below 96.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I had COVID last week. Vaccinated 5 times.

Symptoms started Monday of last week - about 10 days ago - were basically identical to flu but I did lose my sense of smell. Had 1-2 days of bad fevers but quickly improved after that. Feelin fine today. Despite significant immunocompromise didn't really get terribly sick - I was back to exercising by the weekend.

Still feeling a little fatigued but I also might just be being a lazy piece of shit on my research month...

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    ...The only other “interesting” symptom was excessive urinating the night before last. No UTI symptoms, so I was puzzled enough to do some digging—since the virus uses the ACE2 receptor/enzyme, which is involved in renal function through the renin-angiotensin pathways. Apparently increased pissing with no UTI is becoming a known symptom in some people. Mine is back to normal.
    @Nephrology, any thoughts about the mechanism here?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @Nephrology, any thoughts about the mechanism here?
    They handwaved about that a lot, nothing meaningful ever came of it to my knowledge. I don't think the receptor is significant beyond it being a reliable way for the virus to find the respiratory epithelia that it wants

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    They handwaved about that a lot, nothing meaningful ever came of it to my knowledge. I don't think the receptor is significant beyond it being a reliable way for the virus to find the respiratory epithelia that it wants
    Seem plausible that the virus has some ACE inhibitor activity? The high frequency pissing also happened to a buddy who got Covid recently.

User Tag List