Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New production 870 Express

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I saw two new 870s at a more tactically oriented shop in PA last week. The 18.5” bead sight model was drilled/tapped. The 18.5” peep sight model had a XSish peep with a separate rail section installed in those same holes, a white beaded blade front sight, a Remington magazine tube and standoff type choke tube.

Home in WV this week I saw a nice 28” vent rib sporting 870 in a store and noticed that it was drilled and tapped also.

Apparently the new improved RemArms realizes that sights, RDS and scopes are a thing these days. I may have to get one.
    I’d rather have the bead model and a direct mount RDS like the Aridus or KE arms.

Between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Apparently the new improved RemArms realizes that sights, RDS and scopes are a thing these days.
    I certainly did not expect to see d&t'd receivers show up as a regular feature, but there they are. If RemArms makes logical, incremental changes that are really improvements (and not just penny-pinching production methods), they deserve credit.

Now, if they will just offer a factory 18.5" barrel with a vent rib having the low-profile XS Express irons as well as an integral 6" picatinny section right ahead of the rear sight AND they thread said barrel for RemChokes, I will be stunned and/or amazed.

Which beats dazed and confused.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

I'm loving these updates. The new ejector design seems promising, and it is nice to see that the new models are now drilled for an optic. Hopefully we will see rifle sights make a comeback soon, and 870P style forends on the hardwood home defense models. I agree with the earlier posters that the sporting forend is really out of place on these models. Hopefully the positive reports will continue. Quality 870s are a great thing for the shotgun market.

New guns are holding up great. Old ones we had, not so much. This one was having cycling issues the other day.

Name:  DD8C7080-8684-4FC3-B87B-28F14B738738.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  31.0 KB

Hammer mushrooming out (hard to see)

Name:  F8F393B3-3379-4C39-B6FC-06139D022997.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  33.4 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    @Lon,

This is one of the four new models you’ve picked up this year or an example of one of the older department models? I’m thinking the former but wanted to make sure.

If this is one of the new productions, what kind of round count would you say they’re up to approximately before the breakage and what kind of diet are they on for the most part?
    In one physical model of the universe, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction, Danny. -Ty Webb

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    New guns are holding up great. Old ones we had, not so much. This one was having cycling issues the other day.

Name:  DD8C7080-8684-4FC3-B87B-28F14B738738.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  31.0 KB

Hammer mushrooming out (hard to see)

Name:  F8F393B3-3379-4C39-B6FC-06139D022997.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  33.4 KB
    We broke a bunch of ejector housings on our 870's at work several years ago. Kept causing extraction issues because the rim of the shell would catch on the sharp edges where it was broken. Shipping guns off to fix a small part like that is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckysattva View Post
    @Lon,

This is one of the four new models you’ve picked up this year or an example of one of the older department models? I’m thinking the former but wanted to make sure.

If this is one of the new productions, what kind of round count would you say they’re up to approximately before the breakage and what kind of diet are they on for the most part?
    The broken one in the picture is an old one. We’ve been using it for I’d say somewhere between 7-10 years. All I can do is estimate, but I’d say it has had no less than 5k rounds through it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Duckysattva View Post
    @Lon,

I read it as the new ones are working, but the older ones in service are having issues.

Finally saw a new 870 today. It was the hardwood defense model standard mag length. The stock was actually nice. Checkering was nice and crisp reminds me of a wing master pattern. It also had an actual recoil pad that was soft kinda like the supercell recoil pad and not the old hard rubber one. It also came with sling mounts front and rear which was nice and it was drilled and tapped as well. I have a few 870 going back about 10+ years (12 gauge bought in 2008, 20 gauge bought in 2018 and a tac 14 12 gauge bought in 2019 plus a couple I let go bought between 2008 and 2018) none of them have given me any troubles besides my 08 870 that needed it’s barrel polished for the really cheap shells. But these new ones seem a lot nicer. I’m probably going to pick up at least one or two.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

OP have your department's range weeks concluded yet? I hope that everything worked out well, and that y'all are confident with the new shotguns going forward.

User Tag List