Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 77

Thread: New production 870 Express

  1. #1
    Site Supporter Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio

    New production 870 Express

    Since the Mossbergs we got at the Academy are huge POSís, I decided to buy two new production 870 Express to try. Hereís some photos.

    Name:  9487F168-133E-4AAC-8D69-0F0A4B8BAB8E.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  50.0 KB
    Name:  32C5CE17-75C1-4329-A9E5-16BEB331E91C.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  70.6 KB
    Name:  9E4DE380-3345-40D5-BC55-BDE59811BCC7.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  60.9 KB
    Name:  61A21EAE-AAB5-4F6E-8CE2-AC2D7340F7A1.jpg
Views: 889
Size:  33.5 KB
    Name:  8590CB3E-55AE-4717-84B9-7958A974EB11.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  48.6 KB
    Name:  DFD7177F-517A-440C-8491-9DDEED7EDCFF.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  34.1 KB
    Name:  17DA9405-55B4-4E7F-B7EA-AB697AFBE2ED.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  35.3 KB
    Name:  ED364CA4-B1F4-44C9-99F2-0C88BDFF2FEB.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  50.3 KB

    Iím gonna switch out the stocks w Magpul stocks, but not sure if Iíll do anything else with them prior to range week.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

  2. #2
    @Lon how much did that run you?

  3. #3
    Site Supporter Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    @Lon how much did that run you?
    Shop had em for $450.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

  4. #4
    Does Not Work For You TGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Back in northern Virginia
    With wooden furniture, no less!

    Did they give you some PR24s and D-cell Maglites to go with them?



    Legitimately interested to see how they hold up for you guys. When will you be putting them through the ringer?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    West
    Watching with interest.

    As an aside, what were the problems with the Mossbergs, and which model did you have the problems with?

  6. #6
    Site Supporter farscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dunedin, FL, USA
    The metal work and finishing on the new 870 Express is much better than the samples made when Cerberus owned Big Green. The only issue I have with the new Express is the furniture; the sporting forearm interferes with accessing the loading port when the action is open. Simple fix to swap the furniture.

  7. #7
    Site Supporter Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    With wooden furniture, no less!

    Did they give you some PR24s and D-cell Maglites to go with them?



    Legitimately interested to see how they hold up for you guys. When will you be putting them through the ringer?
    Range weeks arenít until April, but Iím gonna go pattern it before then.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

  8. #8
    Site Supporter Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Watching with interest.

    As an aside, what were the problems with the Mossbergs, and which model did you have the problems with?
    Base model 590s. The safeties sucked and weíre almost impossible to deactivate. One cadet sliced his thumb open trying to deactivate it. And they all hit way high with slugs. So bad we had to put duct tape on the stock that had hold under information. And slugs are only shot at 50í. But they would have been out of the scoring area if they aimed center mass. Total shit. They all went back to the factory. The safeties were fixed but Mossberg said there was nothing wrong with the sights.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

  9. #9
    Member gato naranja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Flyover country... and never too far from a snack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Since the Mossbergs we got at the Academy are huge POSís, I decided to buy two new production 870 Express to try.
    Fingers crossed.
    gn

    (un VIEJO gato naranja... and still skeptical about humans)

  10. #10
    Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Base model 590s. The safeties sucked and weíre almost impossible to deactivate. One cadet sliced his thumb open trying to deactivate it. And they all hit way high with slugs. So bad we had to put duct tape on the stock that had hold under information.
    Were these bead sighted guns, perchance?
    3/15/2016

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •