Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tactrainers Airsoft for USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Oh wow, good call. I didn't realize the one I linked to was co2 and I think I'd prefer the green gas... (already set up for it with my old G19)
    I was really wanting that GG 17.5 but it unobtainium at the time. The c02 being more powerful was just icing on the cake. I use it for GSSF practice. I built a pellet trap and a spreadsheet for target scaling. I can set up all the stages and print scaled targets for whatever range I want to shoot (within reason) and get a same sized target presentation as a real match that I can shoot in my garage or back yard.

I use a CO2 BB pistol to stand in for my Beretta 92. It isn't very accurate but it lets me work on draws etc in the basement. I first got a pellet pistol which was terrible. But the CO2 BB gun works just exactly like the real 92fs. They fit the little gas canister in a removable mag along w/ 18 BBs so practicing reloads works well also. Here is the CO2 gun.
    https://www.pyramydair.com/product/b...-pistol?m=3659

I’m a big fan of the current green gas glocks. We have three 17s. One G4 and two G5. I made a cheap trap out of an old rubber made bin and use scrap cardboard to catch the rounds in the basement. Particularly good for ingraining basic safety and handling in kids IMO.

My daughters have a ball shooting them and they have learned pretty good technique from it. If you buy the biodegradable airsoft bb’s, and have an outdoor area available, you can set up a really fun “shooting gallery” that is fun for a group. The kids get imaginative with target ideas using string, plastic bottles, etc. Watching my 14 yo run a safe “range” with our friends kids is a trip.

User Tag List