Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tactrainers Airsoft for USPSA

Tactrainers Airsoft for USPSA

@Cheap Shot asked about a video I posted so I thought I would put it in a separate thread in case others were interested.

Target website is here:

https://tactrainers.com/

When I started shooting pistols in Dec 2015 I was using irons mainly and I only owned a @Glock26

I didn’t know how to read iron sights and I was nervous of shooting myself accidentally for draws and administrative handling.

So I bought an Airsoft G26 and later an Airsoft G34.

I’ve used Airsoft to coach my wife, nephew and father before they handled real handguns.

I currently own G26, G34, G42, Shadow 2 and J frame Airsoft guns.

Later on I tried experimenting with mounting dots to Airsoft guns.

But now I have a drill press and could do that better if I wanted to.

I’ve moved on from Tactrainers and I keep them around for when my daughter eventually will start shooting.

I figure she can use the Airsoft G42. No real life pistols until she gets MUCH older.

Airsoft can be used for movement training too.

But at the level I’m at currently I prefer dry with my competition guns for muscle memory with what I use.

Summary:
    Airsoft has a use.
    I don’t currently use it.
    I do plan on using it for my daughter.

Site Supporter
    FYI folks: Got this the other day: https://www.idpa.com/shop/accessorie...-training-kit/

Much appreciated!

I've had a few friends express an interest in learning safe gun handling and target shooting. Most have zero experience and are scared of unintended consequences using live guns. Never thought of airsoft before your thread. I think the safety of an airsoft will be reassuring to my friends and fun to use as a learning tool.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    Much appreciated!

I've had a few friends express an interest in learning safe gun handling and target shooting. Most have zero experience and are scared of unintended consequences using live guns. Never thought of airsoft before your thread. I think the safety of an airsoft will be reassuring to my friends and fun to use as a learning tool.

Thanks again.
    Yes! It also helps you be able to see if they’re likely to flag you when distracted or excited.

It also helps to work through “unload magazine before clearing” as well.

Could you do a quick review of the specific models of airsoft pistols you’ve used?

I bought a BB G19 that has been fun, but airsoft might make more sense.

Thanks!

I had no idea you could get airsoft Glocks again.

What’s the make/model/price for a g19 and/or g17 and/or g34 these days?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Could you do a quick review of the specific models of airsoft pistols you’ve used?

I bought a BB G19 that has been fun, but airsoft might make more sense.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I had no idea you could get airsoft Glocks again.

What’s the make/model/price for a g19 and/or g17 and/or g34 these days?
    For disclosure and context @vcdgrips

This is a topic I’m not an SME on and not the most educated on. My information is old and not up to date and there are much better online resources than what I can tell you.

Just in general, I don’t think there’s much difference between brands but I favored TM and WE.

Most common popular handguns have analogs or clone versions.

Usually there are subtle fit differences for holsters, etc.

They’re usually a lot lighter than the real counterparts and the recoil isn’t particularly useful for an experienced shooter. Can be good for training newer shooters.

So I don’t think that useful for advanced shooters except for FOF or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    For disclosure and context @vcdgrips

This is a topic I’m not an SME on and not the most educated on. My information is old and not up to date and there are much better online resources than what I can tell you.

Just in general, I don’t think there’s much difference between brands but I favored TM and WE.

Most common popular handguns have analogs or clone versions.

Usually there are subtle fit differences for holsters, etc.

They’re usually a lot lighter than the real counterparts and the recoil isn’t particularly useful for an experienced shooter. Can be good for training newer shooters.

So I don’t think that useful for advanced shooters except for FOF or something similar.
    This is one of the places where being around for a long time may hurt me.

I’ve had an airsoft Glock 19 for a long time. But, at one time, Glock started threatening to sue folks that copied their guns into an airsoft model and so everyone stopped producing them. I just assumed that was still the case, but then I go and search for soarsoft Glock 34 on Amazon and results pop right up.

Umarex Glock 34 Gen4 Blowback 6mm BB Pistol Airsoft Gun, Black $250
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Yep. I have a Umarex G17.4 in co2. They make a 17.5 in green gas but I wanted the co2 for a harder recoil impulse. Umarex guns are licensed by Glock and all your holsters work fine with them. The triggers are surprisingly realistic too.

They have their place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Yep. I have a Umarex G17.4 in co2. They make a 17.5 in green gas but I wanted the co2 for a harder recoil impulse. Umarex guns are licensed by Glock and all your holsters work fine with them. The triggers are surprisingly realistic too.

They have their place.
    Oh wow, good call. I didn't realize the one I linked to was co2 and I think I'd prefer the green gas... (already set up for it with my old G19)

User Tag List