Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Prime series - LOTR - The Rings of Power

I'm way more excited for this than any starwars bullshit thats out there.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Unless a LOT of people I trust tell me it's good, I'm just going to pass.

I'm still not over the crushing, epic, stellar level of disappointment I got from "The Hobbit: The Revenge of the Corporate Suits".
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

New trailer is out.

Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

......meh....I dont know. I was excited for this till I saw that trailer. 99.9% of television has a habit of being extremely lame.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Site Supporter
    I'm a big Tolkien fan. I'm uncertain, but I'll give it an honest attempt. I've read they're compressing the 2nd Age timeline a bit to fit a lot of stuff that happens over a very long time into the arc of the show. I don't think I'm too concerned about that. If it's done well, it will be fine, and if it's done badly, slavishly adhering to the timeline won't make it better.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I'm between disinterested and actively hostile to the idea. I didn't even finish the original movie adaptations and what I saw of that was pretty faithful to the books (although obviously greatly distilled). I started Amazon's version of Wheel of Time and ejected after about 3 episodes, I have no desire to see the Tolkien world reimagined in a similar fashion.

In fairness, I'll say they did a decent job with their adaptation of Good Omens, so *maybe* they can keep from wokeing it up, but I'll let others guinea pig it before I even consider bothering.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

If Amazon can fuck up Sum of All Fears...
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    If Amazon can fuck up Sum of All Fears...
    Maybe they should just stick to bidets.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I tuned out when I saw that guy grab the arrow in slow motion and shoot it back. Plus it seems like most of the characters would look more at home in some bullshit boy band than in middle-earth. Ill give it a go but I'm skeptical.

Site Supporter
    My best memory of the LOTR was that I was binge reading the books and tanked a chemistry test. My dad: Yelled - stop reading about those Goddam elves and study.

Given Sauron's folks had explosives - why didn't the Nazgul just bomb the crap out of Gondor and Helm's Deep? Why do those civilizations stay middle age tech for thousands of years?

Liked the initial Feist Riftwar books and the related Empire series but he fell apart in the last wave of books.

User Tag List