Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple people shot near Empire State Building

Multiple people shot near Empire State Building

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.r...catid=57499732

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.r...catid=57499732

How could this happen??? They should pass a law to make it illegal to shoot other people without their consent.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    How could this happen??? They should pass a law to make it illegal to shoot other people without their consent.
    Pfft... What NYC really needs are gun control laws. It's like the Wild West up there.

What the hell is Sheriff Bloomberg waiting for? He should be paying attention to what everyone's doing and enacting laws that limit behavior that's unsafe for the masses.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Quote Originally Posted by Corlissimo View Post
    Pfft... What NYC really needs are gun control laws. It's like the Wild West up there.

What the hell is Sheriff Bloomberg waiting for? He should be paying attention to what everyone's doing and enacting laws that limit behavior that's unsafe for the masses.
    It's terrible, we honestly can't trust people to be responsible for themselves. When WILL the government step in to protect everyone?
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Corlissimo View Post
    Well of course Bloomberg has done everything he can to keep evil terrible guns out of his jurisdiction, so clearly the problem is that the rest of the United States has guns that are easily smuggled across the border into NYC. Our freedom is his problem, and he'll be damned if he lets that slide...

Meanwhile ATF NY branch has been running 2Fast2Furious, to try to track illegal handguns through the city.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

More comprehensive update: http://www.businessinsider.com/three...uilding-2012-8

Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Well of course Bloomberg has done everything he can to keep evil terrible guns out of his jurisdiction, so clearly the problem is that the rest of the United States has guns that are easily smuggled across the border into NYC. Our freedom is his problem, and he'll be damned if he lets that slide...

Meanwhile ATF NY branch has been running 2Fast2Furious, to try to track illegal handguns through the city.
    Uh oh... I see a new agency in the making: NYCBP. I bet they'll oversee the NY/NJTA & NYPD too. You know, just like DHS oversees multiple agencies now.

Next thing you know they'll have their own show on cable.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

This is starting to become awfully convenient. I'm not a tin foil hat person but I haven't seen this many shootings reported in this short a period of time. I'm sure they are just making sure to report everything that supports their agenda where as normally nothing is said.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post
    This is starting to become awfully convenient. I'm not a tin foil hat person but I haven't seen this many shootings reported in this short a period of time. I'm sure they are just making sure to report everything that supports their agenda where as normally nothing is said.
    I completely agree. The only "good" to come out of this politically, is that it highlights that the problem is the person and not the gun. In addition, though the news story does not say what the gun was, it s safe to assume that given the circumstances it was illegal in NYC. Thus, highlighting that stricter laws are not the issue. Unfortunately I don't see the media portraying it that way in any near future...

Quote Originally Posted by iakdrago View Post
    I completely agree. The only "good" to come out of this politically, is that it highlights that the problem is the person and not the gun. In addition, though the news story does not say what the gun was, it s safe to assume that given the circumstances it was illegal in NYC. Thus, highlighting that stricter laws are not the issue. Unfortunately I don't see the media portraying it that way in any near future...
    They'll put a different spin on it: "Oh no, NYC's gun laws work great, it's the rest of the country's backwards redneck laws that allow people to smuggle illegal guns into NYC!"

User Tag List