Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RMR RM06 vs RM07

If the HWS is the same as the RM06 mine auto adjust really well.

I was already thinking that the auto adjust would sick but they’ve been doing good in all lighting conditions and with an X300 ..

Site Supporter
    My first dot was a type1 6.5 moa rm02 or whatever the auto adjust only model was and I thought it worked really well.

Yes. Until I got the 07 and found how well it works under varying lighting conditions and with a WML I wouldn't use a dot gun as my bedside pistol. Now it is a G19 with RM07 and Surefire X300U. Besides that. to my eyes the 6.5 is much clearer and rounder.

I have an RM09, RM06, and an RM07

Bigger is better for nearly everything. The only exception is for slow fire B8s, the 1MOA dot has a little bit of an edge.

Site Supporter
    I've never used a RM06, but I have 2 RM07s mounted on G19s with TLR-7As. Auto-adjust has always worked perfectly for me, including going from being concealed for hours straight to a draw in mid-day Texas sun and dry fire practice with the light in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeNCMX View Post
    I have an RM09, RM06, and an RM07

Bigger is better for nearly everything. The only exception is for slow fire B8s, the 1MOA dot has a little bit of an edge.
    The 6.5 moa dot is still smaller than the X ring on the B8 at 25 yards, and smaller than the 10 ring at 50 yards. Theres nothing wrong with preference towards the smaller dots but the slow fire B8 thing is overblown in my opinion.

This shows varying dot sizes on a B8 at 25 yards and is a cool reference https://www.instagram.com/p/CYzgHQzr...um=share_sheet

And a 25 yard group with a 6.5 moa Dot which wasn't the limiting factor (surprise it was me, I'm the limiting factor lol)

I got a rmr06 and now I'm thinking I should of went with the 6. 5moa.. guess we will see how it shakes out. Could always sell it I suppose.

My RM06 has a perceptible delay in changing intensity when doing something like illuminating a room with WML... but it changes brightness fast enough I doubt it would slow me down any in actual use. Small fractions of a second I'm sure. I can't say I have been unhappy with the 06... I wish I would have jumped on the MRDS pistol thing years sooner.

I wouldn't mind trying the 6.5 MOA dot of the 07 on the G26 that I just sent off to get milled. I'd really love to look through one in person first, but I have not found one local, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    . . . the slow fire B8 thing is overblown in my opinion.
    Ditto.

The target in the picture below is a B8 with the aiming black reduced to the 10-ring. The 10-shot group on the target was fired from a Smith & Wesson M&P9 at a distance of 25 yards using an RM07. The 10-shot group has an extreme spread of 1.08".

Member of the General Population

Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    Ditto.

The target in the picture below is a B8 with the aiming black reduced to the 10-ring. The 10-shot group on the target was fired from a Smith & Wesson M&P9 at a distance of 25 yards using an RM07. The 10-shot group has an extreme spread of 1.08".

Let’s digress...

I’ll talk dot size in a sec... but let’s all pause to slow golf clap for the Apex gunsmith fit barrel. It is the way.

OK... with that out of the way... I’ll continue to believe that dot size is very dependent on eyesight. What works for one person may not work for another. I LOVE my Holosun 407CO... if I’m wearing glasses or contacts. If not it’s a disaster. It’s literally “best” to “worst”.

My first dot was an RM02 (auto adjust 6.5MOA) and I really liked it. My RM07 didn’t have the same clarity and seemed more blurred to my eye.

At this point I like the smaller dots because uncorrected they are more precise for me. My needs are probably not others, so I won’t say what is “better/best” other than to say no one can tell you what your eyes see.

User Tag List