Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMR RM06 vs RM07

RMR RM06 vs RM07

In changing light conditions, like entering a dark room, or adding TLR-7A white light in a dark room, the auto function on the 6.5 moa RMR RM07 works FAR better than the 3.25 dot in the RM06, in my examples of each. Enough better, that the auto function works well enough for me to use it in the RM07 and want a manual setting in the RM06 instead of auto.

Are others experiencing the same?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Not insinuating anything or suggesting anything so please take it as a clarifying question:

Both optics mounted on the exact same gun (to avoid any confounding effect from blocking or shadowing light sensor from slide cuts or BUIS)?

Same pistol
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've had a RM07 mounted on my primary duty pistol (a Glock 17 Gen3) since mid-2020.

I've found I haven't had to adjust it at all. It's pretty much just draw and go which is really impressive. This includes when I'm in a dark room and activate a Surefire X300U. No wash out.

It seems to adapt to any lighting environment quite well and has very minimal low sun angle issues.

I also have an RM06 mounted on a Glock 19 Gen5 (about to switch it to a 509T) and I find myself having to tinker with it quite a bit.

I have a strong preference for the RM07.

I don't use the auto adjust feature but after running the 3.25 dot for good while and a high round count I switched over to the 6.5 moa dot last year and won't switch back. The dot is more usable at the varying power levels and appears more as a true dot vs the 3.25 to my eyes.

Site Supporter
    I thought I was just imagining the better auto adjust. I've got an RM07 on a G19 and an RM06 on a G45. I've also observed that the 07 can be set at a lower brightness and offers a clear dot, whereas the RM06 has to be run a little brighter to offer the same visibility, but with more bloom. This negates the smaller dot size, IMHO. My RM07 is coming up on its 3rd year on the same Duracell battery.

Where was this information 3 years ago when I needed it, lol?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Where was this information 3 years ago when I needed it, lol?
    It was out there, just not as easy to find. It seemed that everything was biased towards 3.25/MOS. I was lucky enough to find nuggets of knowledge here that validated my thought process, leading me to 6.5/direct-mill-irons-forward for my purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    It was out there, just not as easy to find. It seemed that everything was biased towards 3.25/MOS. I was lucky enough to find nuggets of knowledge here that validated my thought process, leading me to 6.5/direct-mill-irons-forward for my purposes.
    Yeah, there were some smart people all over the place touting the larger dot but the 3.25 seemed to be the consensus "best compromise" so I went in that direction. What I Never personally saw was this bit about the RM07 being so much better at auto-adjusting... That would have been key info to change my mind.

It has been a while since I've had an RM07 to compare to, but I've been very happy with the auto adjustments on my RM06. It produces a usable dot in any condition I've tried with or without a weapon light.

I like the smaller dot because my astigmatism makes me see the dot larger than it is so the 6.5moa dot looks huge where as the 3.25 probably looks like what most people see with the 6.5.

User Tag List